PDA

View Full Version : Internet pricing and purchase

Nightprowler
09-23-2010, 04:13 AM
If you find knucklehead.com or NotSoBestBuy.com (<--- any site you never heard of them before) has the best price on a blender, trolling motor or depth finder and you could save $$$$, how do you know if they are a good place to buy from? What should be the steps to protect yourself from getting ripped off? And if you have a problem after you transfered your hard earned cash, do you deal with the manufacture since knucklehead .com just takes your money and drop ships from anywhere USA? I never ordered anything from an unknown dot-comer and could use some advise. Thanks guys.

satdoc1
09-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Do a internet Better Business Bureau search and see if they are listed or contact them by phone.. If no results Watch OUT. Also if they take paypal or not is a good sigh since all purchases on PayPal are covered .

skiptomylu
09-23-2010, 09:32 AM
My first search is on Amazon.com and I have bought a lot of very different things from and through them and never had a problem. I have bought everything from a 4' step ladder to a 40" Sony Bravia HD TV through hem. The BBB can't hurt either.

Wannabe...
09-23-2010, 09:53 AM
It's best to ask around. However, honestly, I just don't worry about it. I use a credit card for any online purchase and if there is a fraud, or I don't receive the item, I let the CC company deal with it through their chargeback process. I do tend to stick with company's I've heard of or seen mentioned though, not out of fear of a fraud, but because I want what I want when I want it.

NEVER EVER use a debit card online though. The same protection is available with a debit card, but it's linked directly to your funds and the bank can jack your account balance until it's been cleared up.

One other thing I try not to do is to order from a company I know is shipping to the US from overseas.

Wannabe...