Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closet place to catch a Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Closet place to catch a Walleye

Where would be the closet to Alabama and best place to catch a Walleye? They are on my list of fish that I want to catch.

Post Thanks / Like

the closest place i know of is norris lake jist north of knoxville tn. im in ky and most lakes here are stocked with eyes. on the east side .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fultondalecrappie View Post
    Where would be the closet to Alabama and best place to catch a Walleye? They are on my list of fish that I want to catch.
    Dude!!! You're going to have to come out of the closet to catch a Walleye!!!

Believe it or not, there are some very substantial Walleye in 'Bama! The ststae record is a little over 10 lbs. caught below Weiss dam.

To catch them, you have to brave the harshest elements! This means fishing below the dam in the tailrace from midnight to 4 am. in January and February!

... or you could go to the Bay of Quinte in Ontario Canada in November where 10 lbers are the norm caught during daylight hours... but be warned! Canadians love folks with a southern accent and they might try to molest you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

"ststae" ? And you should stay off the sauce if ya wanna be a spelling cop! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Cold weather don't bother me. I have read about Walleye in Alabama but I think I would have a better chance somwhere that has a big population. I plan on catching a few Sauger this year at Guntersville.

Post Thanks / Like

im fixing to go in a day or two and try my luck this is usually a good time of year for eyes here. i live right outside bowlinggreen,kentucky and fish for eyes in nolin river lake tail waters. There is a good population of 5lb fish and have seen them cought up to the 13lb range. If the fish are biteing you can catch sevaral good fish{2 1/2 -4 1/2lb}. A crappie taste like dirt comparred to a walleye!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

just reporting back. didnt have any luck with the eyes but cought six cats. the water in nolin river still has a higher rate in it and the eyes dont like it until it clears up wich should be a couple weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

do you fish nolin tailwaters from the bank or a boat?
    thanks
    Yodibuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry on the late reply i do a little taxidermy and had to mount a deer for a freind. I fish from the bank and they are starting to move up in the spillway and some good fish have been being cought but not as many as in the next few weeks they should be in there pretty heavy with sevaral fish in the 5lb range

Post Thanks / Like

Greer`s Ferry, Arkansas; produced the current world record walleye in `03; produces MANY fish over 10+lbs EVERY yr...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast