Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Paralyzed Veterans of America

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paralyzed Veterans of America

I know this is a crappie board but I thought this is worth a look. PVA.org is planning a bass tournament on Guntersville Lake Oct. 9&10. I have copied the info below. I think they are still 45 boats short. I know clubs have tournaments planed but if you are close and have a boat we need help. Check it out at www.pva.org
    I hope it is ok to post this here.
    Thanks

We have finalized our Guntersville tournament for October 8-10 in Scottsboro, AL.
    We are looking for-
    Boat Partners- Boater and non-boaters. $50.00 entry fee. Two, one day tournaments. First day just the disabled angler will fish, you will be his guide or mentor. Boat partner prizes usually include a Fortrex Minn Kota trolling motor, Humminbird, chargers, cash, and other prizes. We provide you with breakfast, lunch, and dinner both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is a team event where you fish with your disabled angler for cash, usually around $1,600.00 for first paying a 10+1 payout. Also, we pay for all your boats gas and oil on Saturday and half on Sunday!! and you get a cool shirt and goodie bag!!
    Volunteers- People that can back boats in the water. People that can lift guys into boats. People that can hand out ice, drinks, and lunches. We usually have a dive team in the water each morning to assist and have emergency personal on hand throughout the day if anyone belongs to either, let me know. Firefighters, local military, bass clubs, VFW, and other clubs usually fill this team of volunteers. Call me for exact numbers if interested.
    Sponsors- It cost around $600.00 to host each wounded warrior from Walter Reed or Warrior Transition Unit for Washington DC. Local sponsors would be a huge help to get as many of these guys out of the hospital as possible. Either way these guys are coming if we have sponsors or not but every little bit helps.
    Donations-Looking for someone to donate water, ice, port-o-johns, doughnuts, coffee, juice, milk, hotdogs and hamburgers on Sunday, anything that you can give away as prizes or put in goodie bags, we will take just about anything!
    We average around 60-70 disabled anglers from around the country. We will be bringing around 15-20 newly injured wounded warriors from Water Reed and the WTUs.
    DETAILS!
    *BAMA BRAWL Bass Tournament
    Hosted by National PVA
    October 8-10, 2010
    Lake Guntersville, Scottsboro, AL

September 10- Entry deadline for disabled anglers only.
    Marina:
    Goose Pond Marina
    Lake Guntersville
    417 Ed Hembree Drive
    Scottsboro, AL
    October 8, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., partner pairing at 7:30 p.m.
    Scottsboro Goosepond Civic Center
    876 Ed Hembree Dr.
    Scottsboro, AL. 35769.
    Host Hotel
    Jameson Inn
    208 Micah Way
    Scottsboro, AL
    (256) 574-6666
    Ask for Caroline or Laura and ask for the PVA rate of $55.00 plus tax.
    other hotels
    Hampton Inn
    Days Inn
    Tournament Contact:
    Alan Earl
    800-424-8200, ext.738
    [email protected]
    *PENDING PVA AND PVA BOARD APPROVAL IN AUGUST
    Actually registrations will go online later in June. First come first serve. http://www.pvabasstour.com

here are a few videos that have been done
    http://costachannelc.com/video...ause/
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/n....html
    http://sharemyhd.motionbox.com...3026f
    Thanks for your help and look forward to hearing from you.
    Alan Earl
    PM me
    E-mail [email protected]
    phone 800.424.8200 ext 738
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta talk to the folks at work. I'll let you know. THIS I can do if I can get out of work.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent thing ya'll are doing,wish i were closer to help.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bump
    I had a chance to meet the guys that are putting this thing together today. They are still looking for volunteers. Just thought I would bring this back to the top.
    Thanks
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX