Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Another wasted day on the Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another wasted day on the Rock

Got a late start, but decided to put in at Moonshine Beach down by the dam. Should have stayed home and saved the gas! First i checked out a couple of my favorite Smallie holes, but only caught one short, so decided to explore for new territory. Took a run up past Indian Point and fished a couple of holes that I was told held some nice Walleye. Nothing but a couple short Smallies and some green carp. The area does look promising though. Tried dippin' trees from 10 fow all the way out to 30' and no Crappie to be had. Even went down near the Branson Bell around 3:00 to see if the Whites were active like they were this time last year, but didn't see a single school or even mark any on the locator. Guess I'm jinxed or something 'cause I sure haven't caught anything worth putting in the live well the last few trips:o
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

I think its time to head up to the Lake of the Ozark camp next weekend. You'll have fun even if you don't catch any fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    I think its time to head up to the Lake of the Ozark camp next weekend. You'll have fun even if you don't catch any fish.
    Going to be busy that weekend, darn it! I think I'll head to Stockton next week though.
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad the rock's not my home lake its got to be the toughest crappie lake in Mo......i tip my hat to ya for workin hard at it,gonna pay off in a BIG way one of these days.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie