Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Making Jigs Weedless

Post Thanks / Like

Default Making Jigs Weedless

Juist a little heads up for you folks. I know a lot of you are retired and need things to do right LOL

If you want to make your jigs weedless it is real wasy to do. If you have a Dremel Tool or even a drill with a small bit will work.

Just drill two hole's in the lead of the jig head behind the eye and at an angle to the hooks point. You want the weed guard to come out and be so it is just over the hook point. Like on a normal weedguard. Ok drill two holes one on each side of the head at an angle letting the guard protect the hooks point. Now cut two pieces of 8 pound mono and stick one piece in each hole and use supper glue to glue it in place. That is it. Cut them to length and you are done. Wait until after you have them in place before cutting them to length. Then you will be sure to get it right. You can do a lot of these in just a little time. You can also do heads that have been painted already this way. One piece of mono will work if you get it in the middile and stright over the hooks point.

The main thing is to get the angle right and after one ot two you will get the hang of it. I have found that #8 pound test is about right for this and seems to work real well. Just thought I might give you folks a way to save some jigs and have some fun playing with your tackle. Ron
    Last edited by MTM; 02-01-2006 at 09:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

cool beans... I'll try that. Thanks
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day