Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: brookville 9/21

Post Thanks / Like

Default brookville 9/21

I lost exact count, but i think it was 36 fish total, brought 21 home. All but one were over 9"(i took an 8.75 home and exacted all my eastfork rage out on it, felt great!)
    2 blacks were right at 12", rest were 10-11
    had 5 whites which were all roughly 10-11.

Fished a late summer/fall pattern on a honey hole stump near bownwell. The bigger fish came on minnows, the rest swimming a black/chart twister tail.

Also caught 3 really nice smallies, one about 17" long, big time football fish.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day but what do you mean by "East Fork rage?" You're scaring me. I was planning to head down there this Friday for the first time ever. I heard they were slaying the Crappie on East Fork. Did I hear wrong? Oh well, it has to be better than Caesar Creek. Right?

Post Thanks / Like

That's probably what he's saying, you can slay the crappie up there now, but they are all 8''. If you are fishing for dinner, it's not the place to go with the new size limits. When the fishing is good you can catch a lot of fish, but very few keepers.

Post Thanks / Like

yep size is a little tricky to come by at Eastfork right now, lots of short fish.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13