Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville ?

With the boys sports schedules I have not been out in weeks. I know everyone is being very quiet, but I am gonna ask this one little question. What is the water clarity looking like around W bridge this week if anyone has been out? 6" visibility?
    Thanks Lee

Post Thanks / Like

It's murky with about a foot or less of clarity. Main lake is a lot better - murky, but 2+ feet of clarity. There is debris in the water from Sailboat Cove north. There is a lot of floating junk in the water. Some large enough to do some damage if you run over them fast enough.

I fished up north around the Roberts/Lynn Branch, Plattsburg Y-Off as the lake goes north and the bite was real tough (not trying to throw anyone off). Main lake is full of shad and there are a lot of fish chasing them. The crappie, white bass, walleye that I've been catching have full bellies and are a lot more thicker than they were during the summer. The lake is up a bit. So some of those stumps just sticking above the water line are no longer there. Watch the props. The dam is letting out the normal amount of water. This week has a chance of storms today/tonight and Thursday. This weekend looks good with clear skies and the temp lowering.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Like to help Lee but I have not been out either.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

was a little merky last saturday dont know now after the storms saturday night, with more to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out Sunday and the water was about a foot high. A bit muddy, not too bad. Found fish in 6 fow and fish in 22 fow, and everywhere in between. No size but easy limit.
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

looks like alot of rain up north this could be ugly

Post Thanks / Like

been tough netting shad on this end,untill last week it only took 2 throws,guess they all moved to the main lake and the fish followed them-rained hard last night-raining again at 4 am.

Post Thanks / Like

Water is running 1400 plus with a chance of rain tomorrow................sounds about right for a Smithville tournament
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

4 inches in Plattsburg over nite and still lite rain.
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't check my gauge in Kearney this morning, mainly because I didn't want to get drenched anymore than I did on my way out the door, but it rained a good gully washer last night....as evidenced by my gravel driveway that has moved "downstream" into the street.....again.

I'm going to give it a try this evening after work for a little while, I'll try and post results this evening.
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast