Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Berkley Crappie Nibbles?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Berkley Crappie Nibbles?????

Hello, I have a few jars of these Berkley crappie nibbles and have'nt had any luck with them... Is there a certian way i should be using them? I mainly fish with a 1/32 jig with 1.5 tube on a slip bobber, should i just be putting these on the end of my hook? i need some advice use them or toss them?:D

Post Thanks / Like

Throw the floater away. Black/chartreuse jig, white nibble, 6 lb line, 10 ft jig pole
    Oxbow lake. Cover off the bank in 9-10 feet. Full stringer
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Scotty ....

Quote Originally Posted by scottyc View Post
    Hello, I have a few jars of these Berkley crappie nibbles and have'nt had any luck with them... Is there a certian way i should be using them? I mainly fish with a 1/32 jig with 1.5 tube on a slip bobber, should i just be putting these on the end of my hook? i need some advice use them or toss them?:D
    They won't last very long, just impaled on the hook. Most people that use them that way, will let them set out for awhile & dry up a little ... makes them stay on the hook better (but still only temporarily).

If I were using your setup ... and wanted to use Nibbles ... I'd inject them into the hollow body of the tube. This way is basically using them for the "scent" value, alone ... but, I've heard it works. There are a couple of things that one can use to inject their Nibbles into a hollow tube jig body :

The Bait Pump ... http://www.thebaitpump.com/

A 10ml Oral Medication Syringe ... http://www.amazon.com/Oral-Medicatio.../dp/B001AIKUZG (usually available at retail Pharmacies)

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiepappy is right on the money. The Bait Pump is really good if you are going to inject into a tube. however they are a bit pricey. If you are just going to put them on the hook take them our to the jar, spread them out and let them dry out. If you are in a rush to dry them turn a fan on low and let it blow across them to dry quicker. You will have to experiment as to how dry you want them. I dry mine out pretty good. If you get them to dry put a couple drops of water in the jar and put the lid on.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER!!!
    I QUIT FISHIN, I ONLY GO CATCHIN NOW!!!
    Likes Eagle 1, Moveon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Go ahead and send the jars to me if you dont want them...Lol!
    If you are casting they will fall off but if you are spider rig trolling they work great!!!! I swear by them.
    Crappiepappy said it right. Lay them out in the sun to dry a little and they will stay on a little longer.
    Tom
    http://hoosiercrappieandcatfishguideservice.com
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats
    Likes Moveon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We use em all the time they out do minnows , I just dry them a little we use em casting too , wouldn't go without em we catch alot a yellow perch on em too.
    Likes Alboy79 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie nibbles, don't leave home without em.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.
    Likes Skeet16, Alboy79 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am a believer, 'speciilly when crappie are having a case of lockjaw! Never had a lot of trouble keeping them on longlining. Made my own injector from broken rod tip for filling tubes. Can fill them 'til they look pregnant! They will last all day.
    I DO MY BEST PROOFREADING RIGHT AFTER I HIT THE "SUBMIT" BUTON

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This year i started putting them in bait pucks. They dry a little better and quicker too. I leave the top off while i'm fishing, unless it starts to rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Bait pump is the way to go! Great product.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast