Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Garden Complete!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water Garden Complete!!!

Here are my official final pictures of the Water Garden

WOOOT....I am very happy with the outcome of the project and hope to enjoy it for many years. Toni Mae and I worked really hard. As of right now i am planing to keep just gold fish in the lower area so they can reproduce, but in the upper area i am sure there will be a cat or 2.

As the pictures show there ended up being 2 separate areas in the pond. The elevation differences of the end were way too much. 16" in one end 6" in the other end. So i drained the water pulled back the liners and put in a row of cinder blocks and built a dam. then layed the liners back down and over the dam. resulting in the divided pond, but 16 or so inches in each end. This also will allow me to put a bigger variety of fish.

Total Price: $1,100.00

I have 3 ponds/fountains now and love um....

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job! Looks like a good spot to chill...

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep an eye out for Blue Herons...
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the gargoyle.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

nice enjoy
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

like it
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pond. Now the real work begins. I've had my pond for 8 years(1000 gallon in size). First thing you need to do is cover the liner on the bottom. Less chance of a hole getting put in it. With the number of trees you have, go to a garden center and buy a net to cover it. You won't be sorry. In a week or 2 you can expect to get an algae bloom. The water will get so black you can't see the bottom. The best thing to treat it Algae-Fix. Use a double dose every other day till it clears up. If you don't know how many gallon of water you have, you need to figure that out. Length x width x depth. You need to know, because anything you put in is figured on the number of gallons. Also the number of fish you have, the pros say 1 inch of fish per 100 gallon of water. Also before next spring get some Bio-Booster. It will help to get the pond in balance. Once the pond is in balance all you have to do is add water and clean the filters. When the water temperature drops to 50, stop feeding. Even if it goes back up, don't feed them. I haven't fed my fish all year. Let the fish clean the algae off the bottom. The best place to read up on ponds and get supplies is Dr. Foster & Dr.Smith.com. Best price on supplies, also quick service. Also you want to have 80 o/o of the water surface covered in plants. They add oxygen, cut down on light for less algae problems, and give the fish a place to hide.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on the pond. Hope the birds leave your fish alone.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also put some dye in the water to help with the algae, I just filed in my swimming pool and put in three fountains. I have some 30 inch coy fish and they are my babies, will try and post some pics soon.... by the way nice job on yours.
    Green River Lake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast