Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if the roughest water you have fished/been out on the water in?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What if the roughest water you have fished/been out on the water in?

For me we was out in our 15 foot alluminum V bottem 25 horse johson and a storm came up on us with about 35-40 mph winds and 3 or so foot waves and lightning dancing btw this was on douglas

Post Thanks / Like

Ive Been in alot of rough water,But I'm in a swift water rescue team. But as far as fishing...Me and my cousin he was 14 and I was a wise 16...took my dads flat bottom boat to normandy trolling motor in hand and hit Carrol Creek wide open...the rumble of thunder didnt phase us one bit...till the wind came up the creek....the lighting dancing of the water was unreal..sortta like Gilligan and the skipper we finally found a bank in the head of the creek and rode it out....Like the ole saying goes.....Bfore you can be old and wise ya first gotta be young and dumb
    I dont mind fishin in the RAIN!!! My boat LEAKS anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Santee Cooper, Lake Moultrie. It was 35mph winds. A friend and I were in my 20' SeaArk and the waves were breaking into the boat. It probably took us two hours to travel a mile and it was at night. I had to rely on GPS to get back in. The lights on the front of the boat were absolutly worthless.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

One of the lastest was with Killer for the Spring Fling on Watts Bar. There were some big rollers/white caps on that lake.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Weiss Lake in 35 to40 mph winds with water blowing over the front of the boat.Weiss is a very shallow lake and we were haveing 3ft waves. It took a couple hours to get back to the boat dock.Boy was I ever glad to see that dock.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I've canoed the Barren River when it was at flood stage. It's wierd to look down and see a corn field below you. There was all kinds of debris in the river.

I've also fished in 8-12' seas. That's something I'll never do again.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I was there, too .....

Quote Originally Posted by fishin3
    One of the lastest was with Killer for the Spring Fling on Watts Bar. There were some big rollers/white caps on that lake.
    Fished solo, out of a 17ft Tracker/50hp Merc ........ 35mph winds made half the lake a sea of choppy breakers & wind blown spray. Pretty rough ride in a slow moving flat bottom boat :D Even the leeward side of the lake was choppy from the swirling winds. The winning team for that tourney - had to fish the dock they'd found fish on ... from the bank side of the dock, and shoot it from the opposite direction from normal.

I've also been on Watts Bar & Ky Lake - when the "rollers" were so big, that when you got down between waves - all you could see was water. On Watts Bar ... we had to run half throttle and ride up and over the waves (we were heading INTO them). On Ky Lake ... we had to try and stay on top of the waves, since the trough of the wave could have put us on a sandbar (we were cutting across the lake, and the waves were running up the lake from the Dam towards the bridge). There were houseboats and barges that were having trouble ... but the rescue boats couldn't function in those waves. Come to think of it ... I was with the same friend, on both of those occasions :D .......... cp

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

reeltfoot in thoe 14 ft john boats they rent out
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

burghangler Guest

Lake Erie, about 2 miles out, 12 foot rollers in an 18' boat. Water spouts (mini tornados), scared to death.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Michigan salmon fishing out of Manistee in a 28' boat. The waves were rolling 13'-15'. I should have my head examined for that but I drove 900 miles to catch salmon and I was going fishing.
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast