Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smithville off the chart

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville off the chart

for letting water out....unless its a malfunction...2600 CFS,most I've seen...

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?06821150

Post Thanks / Like

Up the lake is going to be muddy, fishing at the main lake is going to be tough, might just try that flathead fishing you were telling me about in a couple of days.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Default any truth to a rumor

i heard they were dropping the lake level 15ft this winter to do some kind of work, maybe up at the dam, any truth to it? if they are they need to work on that boat ramp up at plattsburg, is almost wortless.

Post Thanks / Like

Alex,got a 25# thursday in the lake..anything over 500-600 cfs at the dam is too much for what I was telling ya about.

Plattsburg ramp is tricky,brushman,gotta tilt up and back straight out...I ain't holding my breath for them dredging.

Post Thanks / Like

My cousin works for a company called Intercon close to Riverside, MO. He said his company was bidding on a contact to work on backup doors at the dam at Smithville. They didn't get the bid, but I thought he said the work was done - but not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    Alex,got a 25# thursday in the lake..anything over 500-600 cfs at the dam is too much for what I was telling ya about.

Plattsburg ramp is tricky,brushman,gotta tilt up and back straight out...I ain't holding my breath for them dredging.
    Good job. So I guess whitewater fishing for flatheads won't work, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Just drove over the dam, gates are closed.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

That spike in flow was from the storms! Guess the lake did its job of flood control. Can you imagine how high the water would've gotten? The gates are closed and they will probably match inflow for a while to keep it from coming up too much from the rains. Hopefully the rain was more down around the lake instead of up around Plattsburg.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=brushman;1267967]i heard they were dropping the lake level 15ft this winter to do some kind of work, maybe up at the dam, any truth to it? if they are they need to work on that boat ramp up at plattsburg, is almost wortless.[/QUOTE

Krazy, spoke with a retired corps guy that we know who used to work at Smithville this week on this subject. He said that they will not have to drop the lake this much. he is saying it will be normal pool for now. In Dec. they will need to drop it 2' to put the new doors in. That is better news than thinking of this lake being 15' low......... Lee

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a little more rain this week so they may pull some water up there again. I wish they would pull Truman down that far for a couple weeks. I would be taking vacation and running the main lake and creeks marking brush piles and stakebeds.. May not have enough waypoints on my HDS for them all but I would try.