Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: tightlipped at smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default tightlipped at smithville

fisherman and the crappie. this is as quiet as it ever gets about smithville. since no one is complaining they must be catching fish. went out today and did a little pre fishing. got seven that iif lucky could have weighed 2.5-3 lbs. i hope it gets better.

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney, I've been doing OK too. The bite has definitely picked up. But as to where the bite has picked up has yet to be revealed.

Last week Scott (STL Crappie Nightmare) showed me how to troll crank baits along the dam. The catch was pretty interesting. Gotta say I picked up 10-11 inchers.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, dont be tightlipped too much. I havent been fishing since I ran out of gas at Smithville. You guys want me to show Jiggin15 a good time dontcha? Besides Alex, you owe me one for leaving me out to troll home, ha, ha. Dont know about the fishing but the teal hunting has been pretty good.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Dexter I would help a feller out , but I havent been out but two times since the last tourn. and I fished the bridge with the granddaughter those two days.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney, you won't have any trouble on game day...you never do.
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to get up there to fish and meet everyone. Hope the weather holds until then.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been surprised by how well the main lake brush piles are holding fish. And, some of them are pretty decent sized. I haven't caught any monsters on the piles, but I've pulled in my fair share of 11 inchers. A fella could pull his limit in on the piles. As to where the big fish are is still a mystery to me.

The old SI has found some of the non published brush piles on the lake. Some produce well, some not so much. So, not big secrets there too.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)