Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: on silver sides advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default on silver sides advice

I made a move to truman, started out bad, turned off the interstate,and the lights went out on the trailer, darn. well to far from home and 5 in the am, not much traffic, so on I went. got to the ramp at 7 man monty wish you would have told me about the tour, (if you knew) parking lot was full and I had to walk a mile, oh well.

started out at pretty bob, caught a few fruit of the loom fish, (shorts) so went to my favorite double trees at U highway bridge, caught a few more shorts, and a keeper, just one. so moved to Jackson branch, caught several short crappie there, and a couple almost keepers, not to big, got ready to move and bam rod doubled, and that ole outlaw rod was bent double. in a cedar tree. big ole crappie had to work a bit but got it out, 13 in good one or so I guessed it got off, then nothing else, headed to cedar creek and got stopped by ...... no not the law, J.J. he was headed to the marina, we just shut it down in the middle of the lake and visited. he gave me a home made jig, from his friend, said it was working for him. well got to cedar creek and dipped a cedar tree or two, caught a few crappie there, couple of them keepers, nothing real big. 10 to 10 1/2. getting hot now. drifted arround a bit picked up a couple more keepers, getting hotter, time to go home, THANKS FOR THE JIG GARY, IT WORKED

now who in the white truck honked at me and didn't stop, this ole fat boy could have used a hand I was tired, I walked accross the parking lot and no tracks to be found, my butt was dragging so low it wiped out my foot steps, pretty good day all arround. met a c.d.c. from florida. didn't get his handle, collins was his last name I think, nice guy, later all

AND REMEMBER IF YOU CANT WIN PUT ON A SHOW

Post Thanks / Like

Darn Beagleman, I see I missed your call, we were moving with the big motor at the time you called, I could have told you about the tour, didn't find out myself until late last night, and Gary had told me.............sounds like you done pretty good despite the bad luck...........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

You're the man Michael. Glad you got out and had some fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Beagleman, gald you made it back home safe and sound. Rest up now and get after em again
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, yea good time,

no problem Monty, do do happens.

couple deals coming up monday/tuesday maby fishing again about wed. or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome Beagle. When I get more of those special jigs I'll fix you up. That same jig put my limit in the boat except for 1 & caught it on Blk/Yellow on the 1st spot I hit. I fished till 1 pm had a real good bite all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad they are starting to bite it has not been a real good bite all summer long.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Gary, we ended up with 28 keepers and left like we said at 10:30, had some good ones, but didn't keep any...... got that new Ranger broke in with slime and trash all over the boat, trash was Lenny trying to figure out which color jig to use, he finally figured it out and we left...........we had a great time today.... I could follow lenny around and never buy a jig again, them things laying all over the boat made it look like a christmas tree..... Hope u marked that trail Gary it was a good way to get there.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another good day for all who got out. Speaking of trails I am still looking for someone to follow from Sparrowfoot down to Otter and from where ever is the best place along that route to get over to Cooper creek. If I could start putting in at Sparrowfoot it would save me about 10 miles in the truck and a few miles in the boat everytime out.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did Monty. Thanks so much for the tag along. I used 1 color most of the day. I did try a couple of others for about 2 min & then settled on 1 color & It was a good un all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast