Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 12 Mile Bayou...again

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 Mile Bayou...again

The Bayou produced 18 keepers for Dave and Brian today, even after the front came through Friday. Most were caught between 8 and 10 ft. on blue and white tubes. The biggest crappie was 14 inches, smallest was 10 inches. The bite was a little slow, but it lasted all day. Go for it, Dave and Brian!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fine trip. It made me think about how I've been fishing lately. I've been pretty busy lately and need to go fishing to relax and slow down a bit. Instead I've carried that rush, rush, rush, in the boat with me and haven't had the patience I need to stick with it. I'm vowing to myself that when I get home this week, I'm slowing down and sticking with them. If anyone sees me sitting perfectly still for a long period of time, no need to come check my pulse, I'll just be trying some of that yen or yoda stuff.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch
    Sounds like a fine trip. It made me think about how I've been fishing lately. I've been pretty busy lately and need to go fishing to relax and slow down a bit. Instead I've carried that rush, rush, rush, in the boat with me and haven't had the patience I need to stick with it. I'm vowing to myself that when I get home this week, I'm slowing down and sticking with them. If anyone sees me sitting perfectly still for a long period of time, no need to come check my pulse, I'll just be trying some of that yen or yoda stuff.---Pooch

Maybe I need to do the same, seems I fish faster than most trying to find the fish. At the pace that most of us live our daily life it's hard to leave the rush where it belongs.....at work, but easier said than done.

BTY, ed is working to put up the next pic contest. I'm trying to get the word out so that we can maybe increase participation. I haven't checked to see if it's operational this morning, but if not, it will be soon. I'm hoping we can get all the LA members to vote this time. Best of luck, Pooch......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Maybe I need to do the same, seems I fish faster than most trying to find the fish. At the pace that most of us live our daily life it's hard to leave the rush where it belongs.....at work, but easier said than done.

BTY, ed is working to put up the next pic contest. I'm trying to get the word out so that we can maybe increase participation. I haven't checked to see if it's operational this morning, but if not, it will be soon. I'm hoping we can get all the LA members to vote this time. Best of luck, Pooch......
    I done went and voted already, me. I was impressed by Tommy's picture and put my "X" on that one. The others were nice But, that was some nice fish Tommy had on the board. They were all consistent in size, they looked fresh and their colors were still bright.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

He had two good pictures. Afraid his vote might get split. I voted on the one with the board laying down. Looked like bigger fish ---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about that also Pooch, but I think it's too late to change anything. Have you been able to see Lee Bruce's pic? I have never seen any of his pics, it's always blank. I think he has a photo format that's not compatible with my computer. Some apparently can see it, he has some votes.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about that also Pooch, but I think it's too late to change anything. Have you been able to see Lee Bruce's pic? I have never seen any of his pics, it's always blank. I think he has a photo format that's not compatible with my computer. Some apparently can see it, he has some votes.

Yes, I can open and see it, but it's taken from too far away to see any detail. It's a big nice fish, but not as good a picture as it could be. I'm not trying to take anything away from the boy. It's a fish anyone would be proud to have.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a photo of a boy in a boat with a lake in the background? That image has come up twice when I clicked on Tommy's entry.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a photo of a boy in a boat with a lake in the background? That image has come up twice when I clicked on Tommy's entry.

That's what I'm getting.---Pooch