Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fly Rod Ba$$

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fly Rod Ba$$

A first for me, went out on the Chowan River for a few hours today, had one of my ties on the fly rod , a chain bead clouser minnow green / white on LS #4 ............ was fishing nightcrawlers under a bobber , decided to try the fly rod since the wind died down.......... 3rd / 4th cast on the edge of the lily pads did him in , a few more casts then caught his younger brother.........

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fish. I went out Tuesday afternoon, while it was overcast, and caught 8 white bass and 4 small largemouths.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGuy View Post
    Pretty fish. I went out Tuesday afternoon, while it was overcast, and caught 8 white bass and 4 small largemouths.
    Hey thats great ! that lake fishin or river? I wanted to catch a SM bass some kinda bad but the thunder storms messed up the New River, guess there is always a next time :-) We don`t have any SM down this way in eastern NC
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Lake fishing. It was strange, threw just about everything at them and they finally went after a popper and dropper rig. I had two whities on at once that put up a pretty nice fight on the 6 wt. I would love to catch small mouth too but they're not common in most of the waters I fish either.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Standing Bet

I always said u pick the lake & species of fish and I'll out outfish u with a fly rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, there is nothing better than seeing jaw-dropped bait fishermen.