Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What Should I Get?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Should I Get?

I am probably going to get a new tackle bag/box soon. Should I get the Plano Medium Tackle Bag, or the Plano Chill Bag? The bag is more portable and I can easily change boxes inside for different boxes, but the chill bag has a cooler inside which if I fish all day I could put drinks and my lunch in it, and it comes with 2 3600 plano boxes and could fit 4 in it and has 4 pouches on the outside and a tray on the top, but its a box and not a bag and since I don't fish off a boat i don't know if I want to carry it around all day by the handle if I am going to be moving to different spots or move down the river or lake. What do you guys think and do you guys prefer a tackle box, or a tackle bag? Thank you for any help you guys give me.

-Steven

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Chill Bag. No, not because my nick name is Chill but because I really like the "lay out" of the bag. It's handy, nice and wide so it doesn't fall over on the boat, straps down good on the golfcart. The flip top lid works great for me. I put all my slipbobberminner stuff in there. Since I'm hung up more than not, the easy access for hooks, corks etc. works good for me. I use 2 boxes for tubes, jigs, heads etc. and the other two for cranks. There is plenty of room for me but I can see where it wouldn't be enough space for the more experienced fisherman.

At first I thought "cool, a cooler in my tackle box!" but then the realization came that it only holds six beers. And six beers just p's me off. I pack water, gatorade, beer and food so I still take another cooler on the boat. But I'm sure the small cooler is perfect for "normal" people.

Oh yeah, and the first time I open the bag/box lid all the way and forget to make sure the flip top is snapped shut and all my stuff falls out, I might rethink my ChillBag.

Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-17-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    I only fish The Coon cause that's where I keep my toon.

Post Thanks / Like

Bag. Definitely.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    I bought a Chill Bag. No, not because my nick name is Chill but because I really like the "lay out" of the bag. It's handy, nice and wide so it doesn't fall over on the boat, straps down good on the golfcart. The flip top lid works great for me. I put all my slipbobberminner stuff in there. Since I'm hung up more than not, the easy access for hooks, corks etc. works good for me. I use 2 boxes for tubes, jigs, heads etc. and the other two for cranks. There is plenty of room for me but I can see where it wouldn't be enough space for the more experienced fisherman.

At first I thought "cool, a cooler in my tackle box!" but then the realization came that it only holds six beers. And six beers just p's me off. I pack water, gatorade, beer and food so I still take another cooler on the boat. But I'm sure the small cooler is perfect for "normal" people.

Oh yeah, and the first time I open the bag/box lid all the way and forget to make sure the flip top is snapped shut and all my stuff falls out, I might rethink my ChillBag.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    Bag. Definitely.

Wannabe...
    i think i am going to get the bag. it makes it easy to change out what im going to use for the day and keeps me hands free so i don't fall if i am moving spots and have to climb over rocks and stuff. also chill said it only holds 6 beer so it would only hold 6 pops and i drink more then 6 pops when im outside, especially when its hot.