Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Early spawn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Early spawn

GUys, The last few times I have cleaned crappie they have had of bloody eggs in them. This indicates to me that the spawn will be early this year--maybe as early as late Feb or early March for the Blacks. I know that water temp is supposed to determine these things, but it sure looks funny to see eggs that are about ready to be dropped this early.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hey Driller! I think the weather is a changing. I always catch fish with swelling eggs early, but it seems that mother nature has a way of protecting her little fish. I did go yesterday to Eddy Creek and bury a bucket and put in info on the GPS. Eddy is still quite muddy, it will be another week before it clears if we don't get more rain.

THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

I caught some crappie a couple of weeks ago and they had some good sized eggs in them.But they still had a while to go yet....

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing really good this week with today being my worst day. Everything I have been catching has been in 15 to 10 feet of water.

You are right about the eggs!

The water temp where I've been fish'n gas been between 46 & 48 degrees. I think the warm rains we have had have muddied up the water a little & caused it to warm a little. If we don't get a lot more warm rains maybe the fish will hold off awhile.

I do believe though that they will do like last year & get done early. Late march is my guess isf the weather stays like it has.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the water here is muddy too and about 48-49 degrees. I fished a while yesterday and only caught 4 keepers. They came from about 6 feet of water on some old condos I located. My thanks to an unknown fisherman!
    Last edited by driller; 02-02-2006 at 08:54 AM. Reason: spelling