PDA

View Full Version : Line-X on boat floor

Bait Runner
02-01-2006, 08:55 AM
I have a Tracker Grizzly 1860 alu. boat and wanting to put something on the floor. Can't make up my mind what, carpet shark skin or mabey line-x. Has anyone used the line-x, if so how did you like it ?
Thanks J.P.

Mopar Matt
02-01-2006, 09:09 AM
I have a Procraft fiberglass boat and when it came time to re-carpet, I had it sprayed with Speedliner (basically same as linex). It works great. Nothing slides around when moving, stays cool to the touch and they color matched my boat. Best of all, just spray it out when I am done fishing.

gonefishing
02-01-2006, 09:12 AM
I have a spray in in my boat the only thing I dont like is lay my poles down when moveing to another spot.

HOTSPOT
02-01-2006, 09:29 AM
The "spray-in bed liner" products are really popular with the coastal folks in NC that have aluminum boats that they use for inshore fishing and duck hunting.

Everyone that has done this to their boat has nothing but good comments.

Bait Runner
02-01-2006, 10:06 AM
I want to use it for noise reduction and understand it can be put on up to one-half inch thick. do you think 1/8 in. thick would to it ?

ReelFun
02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I have a Procraft fiberglass boat and when it came time to re-carpet, I had it sprayed with Speedliner (basically same as linex). It works great. Nothing slides around when moving, stays cool to the touch and they color matched my boat. Best of all, just spray it out when I am done fishing.

Do you have a pic? I might do this some day as well.

FisherMike
02-01-2006, 10:54 AM
I've got the Line-X in my truck. I gotta tell you thats some tuff stuff.
I here of people using it for all kinds of stuff.

Ranger690
02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Some of you guys please post some pics of your spray in. I have thinking of it myself. Soon will be time for new carpet or something.

thanks,
Dayton

Bait Runner
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Well guys, I found out I could't afford the line-x. I took the boat to a dealer and got a price for the floor and 2 casting decks. You sitting down ? $900 to 1000 dollers. I almosted fainted. I will go with carpet

HOTSPOT
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
DANG!!!!

I would have never thunk that much??!!!

HOTSPOT
02-01-2006, 02:49 PM
How about this Do It Yourself Stuff?

Durabak (http://www.nonslipcoating.com/)

Herculiner (http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Herculiner/Herculiner_brush_on_bedliner.htm)

Looks like you could do it for around $150??

sac-a-lait
02-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Take it to LineX your self. Shouldn't be more than about $500 to do an entire boat. Only drawback I had was I had it done to a 14footer...It doubled the weight of the hull...Over time it did pull away from the painted metal they sprayed it over but all in all I enjoyed it. Wouldn't do it again to my new boat.

Bait Runner
02-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi sac-a-lait
That was a line-x shop, thats all they do. I think he had a lot of work and didn't need the job. You know when you relly don't want a job you price it so high that if you get it anyway at least you make a bundle.

sac-a-lait
02-01-2006, 08:30 PM
I think the big issue is you have alot of labor involved. For some reason on the Alum, they want the surface unpainted or if painted then it has to be sanded everywhere...hence the labor part of things. That was what the guy that owned LineX told me in Jackson before he did mine. And true to what he said everywhere they didn't sand the paint off, ultimently pulled away from the metal.

Bait Runner
02-01-2006, 08:50 PM
He said that boats were very labor intensive. I have almost decided to go with some kind of rubber mattin , but need to find it in a six ft. width.

sac-a-lait
02-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Just "paint" the liner in yourself......Better yet, what's the issue? All I know is your boat is 6 feet widw on the bottom? Have you looked at the polyboard. Comes in plywood sizes but is super expensive. It's kinda like the wihte stuff used to make cutting boards.

Bait Runner
02-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Thanks sac-a-lait , Iam trying to quiten the noise. If I drop my needle nose pliers I might as well move because I have scared every tging away. The 6 ft. is on top of the casting deck.