Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip Off

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rip Off

Just bought some two inch Yum Vibra tubes from Lure Net in Arkansas. Folks the tubes are expensive aready (2.29 for 20). I got two packs (20 tubes each) of colors I wanted Total $4.58. Lure Net was kind enough to lighten my wallet by $5.00 to ship the things. I got a box that my wife's cat can sleep in for two very small containers of tubes. My advice..--- Start a shipping store. Won't be a next time with these folks. I hope YUM finds another outlet for these tubes because they are good.

I would say."my .02 " but it's in Arkansas. LOL
    PieEye
    "You can't fish with a landing net in both hands, you need one hand to put something back !

Post Thanks / Like

There is usually a shipping cost that cover say from $0-$25 dollars. So to make it worth the money try to buy close to 25 dollars worth of jigs. Makes it easier to understand the shipping cost. Most places make a little on the shipping cost.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Just a heads up on shiping costs as I do a lot of it.TAE73 is correct in what he is saying.

Think of it this way. If the company you are doing business with is a small company they will have to pay someone to package your oder they also have to pay for the box, tape and filler if they us it and so on. If they do not have a UPS pick-up they then have to pay the expense of taking your package to to post office or to UPS then pay for the shipping costs. So if they have to do that they then have the expense of the gas, car and the person taking the trip to the post office.

Large company's do the same thing except they have enough orders going out that the UPS and even the Post Office will stop and pick up your order.

I have had a small business for over 40 years and believe me they are not making any money on your order and if they are it is very very little. I find that most people don't understand that part of a business.

Beileve me I do understand why you are a little mad as it just dosen't seem right to pay almost as much for the post as you do for the product. If I were you I would just wait and order more the next time then it will break better for the ammount of post on the package. You can also try and get another person or two in on the order and split the shipping costs. Hope that help's you understand it a little better. Ron
    Last edited by MTM; 02-01-2006 at 08:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feel too bad, I just bought a header panel for a trailblazer that cost $42. The shipping for the $42 piece was $68.70 . In general though, shipping costs are usually less than you could pick them up yourself. It is an 1 1/2hr drive to Bass Pro and I can't make the drive cheaper than it cost for them to ship it to me from Springfield.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife sells stuff on ebay and shiping coast her about $5.00 to ship up to 3 lbs.You could always order enought to offset your shiping coast.
    Let's go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Next time tell them to just put the jigs in an envelope and mail them to you----39 cents now. It just went up because of the "storage" charge on your mail.

Post Thanks / Like

just look at the price of fuel and you get your answer on shipping cost - fortunately I have a local tackle shop in my community that makes large orders every week and if he does not have what you want in stock he will order it for you with no shipping cost very customer friendly
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Betty's Country grocery in Walnut Cove , NC - they have web site
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    just look at the price of fuel and you get your answer on shipping cost - fortunately I have a local tackle shop in my community that makes large orders every week and if he does not have what you want in stock he will order it for you with no shipping cost very customer friendly
    I had the same deal with Millard Bait and Tackle store here. He would order every week from BPS. If you wanted something he didn't have he would order it for you. You paid for just what you ordered without shipping costs. The more he ordered the less it cost him. The bad thing is he went out of business. We now have a BPS close to me, and I can pick-up what I want now without any shipping and handling charges. By the end of this year we will have a Cabala's Store here also which will be 5 miles from me. The BPS store is only 130,000 Sq ft and the new Cabala's is only going to be 125,000 Sq ft. Both are pretty small compared to most of their other stores, but we will take what we can get!
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Default same here

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver
    I had the same deal with Millard Bait and Tackle store here. He would order every week from BPS. If you wanted something he didn't have he would order it for you. You paid for just what you ordered without shipping costs. The more he ordered the less it cost him. The bad thing is he went out of business. We now have a BPS close to me, and I can pick-up what I want now without any shipping and handling charges. By the end of this year we will have a Cabala's Store here also which will be 5 miles from me. The BPS store is only 130,000 Sq ft and the new Cabala's is only going to be 125,000 Sq ft. Both are pretty small compared to most of their other stores, but we will take what we can get!
    My guy is a BPS dealer as well - but he oders from several other distributers as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast