Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fall Brawl?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall Brawl?

I'm anxiously waiting to hear how it went. From fatboy's post, it sounds like it was pretty tough and windy - about like we've had here in MO.

Gerald C., Don Y., Don G., crappiepappy - someone, how about a report?

I went to a local lake today but had a hard time with the wind. The surface water temp. was 61 degrees, so that's sure dropped in a hurry. We've had cold nights and a big rain, so it cooled the lakes off quick.

As consolation for missing the Fall Brawl, I'm going to try a new place (for me) this week. Has anyone here ever fished the Mined Lands Wildlife Refuge in S.E. Kansas? That's about 120 miles from me, and my wife and I took a scouting trip there the other day. It looks real interesting - over 200 abandoned, flooded coal-mine strips. Some are about a mile long, some are just ponds - and I've heard good reports from there on crappie, bass, and catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep checking too - no pictures or anything yet! We know you guys caught some gooduns!

I guess we'll have to wait until someone gets back to a 'puter so they can give us the scoop.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just be patient guys. I'm sure CP will have plenty to say about the Fall Brawl once he gets back to the computer. Don and family were heading out for a family vacation after the fish fry today so we might not see any pictures for a few days.

If I can remember correctly, the winners were Tim Davis and son with 9 fish at 10.4 lbs and second place by a coin toss was Garland and Jeramieh Lindberg with 10 fish at 10.4 lbs. (Don't quote me on that because I'm not for sure if that was the exact weight.)

My buddy Greg and I caught 2 fish and finished in 13th place with 2.2lbs. It was a rough, cold, and windy day, and a hard one to fish. The top 5 or so teams all seemed to have success with "shootin docks".

This was my second tournament and I had a great time fishing, meeting people, and enjoyed the prizes that were donated by various sponsers. Don and Jackie York have a great camp and are the best at hospitality. Don and CP did an excellent job organizing and running the tournament and for those that missed out need to plan on coming down for next years Spring Fling.
    Until Spring, I will be out with my new Crappie.com hat (thanks Ed) trying to learn the aart of shootin docks so we have a standing chance next time.

PS. We got stuffed at the fish fry, but Greg still insisted we stop at Sonny's on the way home to get a rack of ribs! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Nathan,
    Enjoyed meeting and staying with you guys. Keep in touch, my boat and lake are open to you and greg anytime. Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Giles
    Just be patient guys. I'm sure CP will have plenty to say about the Fall Brawl once he gets back to the computer. Don and family were heading out for a family vacation after the fish fry today so we might not see any pictures for a few days.

If I can remember correctly, the winners were Tim Davis and son with 9 fish at 10.4 lbs and second place by a coin toss was Garland and Jeramieh Lindberg with 10 fish at 10.4 lbs. (Don't quote me on that because I'm not for sure if that was the exact weight.)

My buddy Greg and I caught 2 fish and finished in 13th place with 2.2lbs. It was a rough, cold, and windy day, and a hard one to fish. The top 5 or so teams all seemed to have success with "shootin docks".

This was my second tournament and I had a great time fishing, meeting people, and enjoyed the prizes that were donated by various sponsers. Don and Jackie York have a great camp and are the best at hospitality. Don and CP did an excellent job organizing and running the tournament and for those that missed out need to plan on coming down for next years Spring Fling.
    Until Spring, I will be out with my new Crappie.com hat (thanks Ed) trying to learn the aart of shootin docks so we have a standing chance next time.

PS. We got stuffed at the fish fry, but Greg still insisted we stop at Sonny's on the way home to get a rack of ribs! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to meet you too. You never know, you might need a room again come Spring Fling time. I hope I can make a trip to Nashville, maybe in the Spring because I would like to try Priest out and learn a new method of fishing from you.

Take it easy.

nate