Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville 9-14-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 9-14-10

On the water about 8:30 off at 1pm today. I like the camp branch side up around W. Water was muddy, lake is down some from my last visit a few weeks ago. I dont know how much rain fell there, but I think it had an adverse affect on my catch today.
    Went to all my trees that usually produce good numbers and they were not biting hardly at all. Usually catch alot of shorts off these trees for fun ,but not today. Only 8 fish total. I tried a few new trees with so so luck.
    The fish I caught were in 15' to 20' of water and about 3' to 4' off the bottom.
    I probably should have tried some shallower water.
    Great weather conditions. Sunny and a nice cool breeze to keep me from getting to warm. It did start getting hot about noon time and decided I had enough.
    I will be getting a GPS to find all the planted brush beds. That should increase my success for next year.
    It was a beautiful morning on the lake.
    Was jigging with Black and Chart.

I noticed with the lake down some....all the stumps sticking up where people including myself run there boat thinking its safe passage.....kinda scary out there....lol
    Bass tracker PRO 17

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Wish I was out there today instead in front of my computer reading about it.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)