Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bamboo ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bamboo ???

Have been looking at the Crappie Condo by Jerry Blake. It looks real interesting. My question is where in the world can you get Bamboo ? We just bought a place on KY Lake and plan on doing some serious Crappie fishing. Would like to try this out in some areas that I fish quite often.

Post Thanks / Like

Some varieties of bamboo are indigenous in Arkansas and many folks plant it for hedge rows. I am sure someone in your area on this board could point you in the right direction. If we see it growing on someone's property, we ask the owner and they usually want it cut way back or out completely.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You just have to keep your eyes open. I see it pretty much everywhere. I'm sure now that it is on your mind you see tons of the stuff. I've been keeping tabs on different areas for a while. Most folks, when you find some are glad to get rid of as much as possible. Just ask first...
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

is the bamboo a plant that i found in Illinois?, i dont think I have ever seen any

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Grumpa:

I don't think it grows very far north - not winter hardy enough. Come get a load - we have plenty!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

It grows all over the river banks here in Mississippi. Some areas with rich soil the boo will be almost 4" around...Big enough to make furniture out of. Other places it never gets any bigger around than an inch...Just depends on the soil I think.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was born and raised near Marion, IL and bamboo is around if you know what to look for. Check the river and creek bottoms near the creek. It will be a real bushy looking mess, till you get close and clean it up for use as a pole or leave it bushy for a crappie set.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain