Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Your User Title - the line under your name in posts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing Your User Title - the line under your name in posts

Stumpbumpers (I think it was) asked me in a PM about the User Title - the line under your name in posts. As I understand it the default titles are based on the numbers of posts a member has made.

I changed mine because I don't necessarily consider myself a “Crappie Grand Master” whatever that is. I thought posting the name of my guide service would be appropriate – let folks know right up front who I am before they waste their time reading my posts if they aren’t interested in a crappie fishing guide’s opinion.

If you want to change your User Title click on “User CP” on the left end of the tool bar at the bottom of the top window. Then click on “Edit Profile” in the “Control Panel” window. In the “Custom User Title” window type your new title in the bar under “Custom User Title”. Don’t click on the box next to “Reset” – leave it unchecked. Now scroll down and click on “Save Changes” and your new User Title should show up under your name in all posts after you refresh or reopen the forum.

While you’re in your profile area enter some information about yourself that you don’t mind sharing if you haven't already. Knowing where folks are from, what lakes they fish etc. makes it easier to get to know them and answer their questions.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jerry. It was me that PM'd you. Just wanted to know what it all meant. Thanks
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Question Can't find it...

Jerry I can't find “Custom User Title” window ...:o
    Could it be because I have an Avatar and you don't ?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't find the custom user title window either. I'm confused!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't find it anywhere either in the User CP, brother. It must be a moderator's option or something.

You may not think you're a Crappie Grand Master, but how about Crappie Clinician?

(n : a practitioner who does clinical work instead of laboratory experiments
    Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University)
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, maybe it is a moderator only thing. I'm not a moderator on the main board though. After y'all click on "Edit Profile" do you not have a window under the "Email and Password" window titled "Optional Information - All information will be viewable by other forum members." My "Custom User Title" form is at the top of that window above where you enter your birth date. Under the birth date area are the "Home URL" and "Instant Messaging" areas.

If I do click the Reset box it sets my title to "moderator" so I guess it probably is a moderator only thing - sorry. I guess y'all will just have to be guppies, minnows and such until you work your way up to Crappie Grand Master!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, the birthdate is the first thing listed.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not me

Jerry; I have everything you mentioned except the "Custom User Title".
    Hope this helps.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Your a moderator...

Jerry if your a moderator, then only you (moderators) have that option available.... I'm sure...
    I bet it was put there so you could be identified as moderator....

Better change it back before Ed sicks the computer police on you..... hehehehe:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab Hunter
    Jerry if your a moderator, then only you (moderators) have that option available.... I'm sure...
    I bet it was put there so you could be identified as moderator....

Better change it back before Ed sicks the computer police on you..... hehehehe:D
    Naw, had it set up that way for a long time - thought anyone could do it. Don't want it saying "Moderator" under my name any more than "Crappie Grand Master" since I'm not a modertor on the main board - just the Arkansas board.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast