Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: To My Friends Jerry Blake And Darryl Morris

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up To My Friends Jerry Blake And Darryl Morris

I really don't know where to start on this, but here goes. This probably needs to go in Off Topic but I am putting it here so more people can see it. Jerry Blake and Darryl Morris are two of the greatest guys that I have ever had the fortune of knowing in my life. I didn't know these two guys from Adam a few years back, but both of them have taken my phone calls, spent time on me asking dumb questions, called me at home when I didn't feel so great a while back and opened their homes and hearts to me. Am I biased and take both of their sides on things. I sure am. Nobody knows what kind of good hearted men both of these guys are until they meet them. In todays society, someone wanting to help someone with something or actually care about teaching someone something is looked upon with caution and that is sad. I am proud and honored to call these two men my friends and they know my wife by name, my children by name and that is what friendship is in my opinion. It has burdened my heart deeply to see the jabs taken at Jerry the last few days, but I didn't want to get involved because I seem to get into trouble real easy on here, but for that I apologize to Jerry and Darryl for not standing up for you two. I am not implying that you needed me to do that, but I feel bad for not doing that and I value your friendship more than a website. As I said a while back, I am grateful that Ed Moes has provided this website because without it I wouldn't have met all the great people and gained the knowledge that I have over the last few years. I have several really close friends on here and you know who you are and I believe friends are right behind family. Sorry to ramble, but had to get this off my chest. Picking the boat up this Friday morning and hopefully life will just be crappie after that. Thanks everyone. FATBOY
    Last edited by fatboy; 01-31-2006 at 06:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fat Boy, After reading your post I have to say I am even more anxious to meet not only you but also Jerry and Darryl and everyone else in Arkansas at the Crappie Camp.I also look forward to seeing that new boat of yours . Good luck with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what life is about Fat boy! Good friends! I love coming here too and never talked to anyone ---yet! Good fishin!!
    Taz

Post Thanks / Like

Doesnt get anybetter then that good friends great conversation and great fishing advice... Dosent get any better then that. Oh ya a beer and hot grease... Now thats life.. Thanks again yall

Post Thanks / Like

What a breath of fresh air. I don't know Fatboy, Darryl, Jerry, or anybody else on this board, but you get a good sense of people and what those people are like when you read posts like this one and how people respond to underserved criticism and barbs. I'm sure Jerry is good at deflecting all of it, as are others, but I know it sure makes one feel good when somebody steps up like Fatboy did.

It seemed to me that in the last few days we had a few guys stirring the pot to aggravate and upset the rest of us (at best), or trying to sabotage or hijack this forum (at worst)...I don't understand their motivation, but I haven't been here all that long. The restraint of most was a display of class and we all appreciate it.

As I said, I don't know a single person on this board personally, but hope to get to in time. In the meantime, I look forward to continuing to learn a lot more about crappie fishing from all of you. I hope, too, to have the privilege of one day fishing with many of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BigJ. I have many good acquaintances and associates, but few friends - a term that should only be used sparingly and with grave seriousness. You are my friend.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If it weren't for this site, Paul and I wouldn't have met some amazing & wonderful folks that we are truly proud to call friends. You're absolutely right J, friendship is invaluable and something to be treasured.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Big J:

Thanks for your support - you are a true friend indeed. You did exactly what needed to be done in the situation - ignore it and let it run its course. I know it's a hard thing to do but that is the only solution on a free forum like this.

If Ed were charging us to use this forum he could hire a full-time moderator and "NIP IT, NIP IT, NIP IT!!!" - block any member that makes a post that doesn't comply with the rules set forth, delete the offending post and permanently ban the member if they persist. Maybe it could be done with volunteer moderators that have blocking ability – work in shifts - but that would still take a lot of work to set up and implement.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com