Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Salt Water trolling motor?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salt Water trolling motor?

Hey guys, I am hoping to buy a trolling motor soon. Hopefully with I-pilot. My question, I will probably fish some in saltwater but mostly in Jordan or Harris. Do I need to buy a motor for saltwater, or if only in salt occasionlly can they be cleaned and flushed so as to not hurt freshwater motor?

Post Thanks / Like

SALT WATER !!!!!!! I have a bay boat that i go both ways and i LOVE IT!!!
    FINS&FUR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baitboy View Post
    Hey guys, I am hoping to buy a trolling motor soon. Hopefully with I-pilot. My question, I will probably fish some in saltwater but mostly in Jordan or Harris. Do I need to buy a motor for saltwater, or if only in salt occasionlly can they be cleaned and flushed so as to not hurt freshwater motor?
    If you will grease it good before putting in in salt water then rinse at the end of the day occasional saltwater use won't hurt them. I have a regular t/m that has made 4 week long trips to OBX and has not sufferd any from it.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Nat I use mine once or twice a year in the brine and have had no problems so far

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy the Rip Tide with I-Pilot and forget it. Keep in mind that you cannot get a built in transducer in the salt water version. The built in transducer is available only on the Terrova.

Monk Monk's Crappie