HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter Received By My Senator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter Received By My Senator

Mr. IFISH
    Madisonville, Kentucky 42431

Dear Mr. IFISH
    Thank you for contacting me regarding the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) recent ruling regarding lead.
    Like you, I am concerned about many of the rules that are being suggested by the EPA and how they will impact Americans and their businesses. I share your desire to make sure that any rule that EPA implements allows for our economy to adjust so that it does not unnecessarily impact jobs, hunting, or recreational activities. It is my understanding that the rule being implemented could dramatically impact several areas of our economy because there are currently not enough accredited trainers to fulfill this rule. Because of this concern, H.R. 5177 was introduced to delay implementation of the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) rule regarding lead for a period of at least one year. This bill has been referred to the House Energy and Commerce Committee. As a Member of that Committee, I look forward to thoroughly reviewing this legislation and working with other Members of the Committee to see if they are having similar problems in their Congressional Districts. Thank you again for bringing this issue to my attention.
    As our Nation continues to face great challenges, both at home and abroad, it is essential that Members of Congress hear from the people they have the great privilege of representing. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Ed Whitfield Member of Congress
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This letter is about the "Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program", not fishing tackle. Unless your Congressman thinks that fishing lures are painted with lead paint, he paid no attention to your comment (assuming it was about tackle.)
    Fishing since '50!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I got from my senator:

Dear Mrs. Pauls,

Thank you for taking time to contact my office to share your concerns about ammunition containing lead-core components. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

I understand your concerns that EPA has received a petition calling for a ban on traditional ammunition containing lead-core components and is considering taking such action. Also, thank you for making the points and including the information you did in your letter about possible inaccuracies contained in the petition. My staff and I will certainly look into any EPA action on traditional lead-core component ammunition and the information contained in your letter will undoubtedly be helpful to us in doing so.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
    United States Senator

Here's what I sent back:

While I appreciate your automated response, you have completely missed the point. I was not complaining about ammunition. That was already "shot" down. My letter was in reference to that part of the petition regarding lead in fishing tackle. Maybe you should read my email again . . . slowly and without distractions . . . better yet . . . actually read it yourself instead of a staffer . . . . hmmmm

Active voter and constituent,

Vonna Pauls
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    Here's what I got from my senator:

Dear Mrs. Pauls,

Thank you for taking time to contact my office to share your concerns about ammunition containing lead-core components. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

I understand your concerns that EPA has received a petition calling for a ban on traditional ammunition containing lead-core components and is considering taking such action. Also, thank you for making the points and including the information you did in your letter about possible inaccuracies contained in the petition. My staff and I will certainly look into any EPA action on traditional lead-core component ammunition and the information contained in your letter will undoubtedly be helpful to us in doing so.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
    United States Senator

Here's what I sent back:

While I appreciate your automated response, you have completely missed the point. I was not complaining about ammunition. That was already "shot" down. My letter was in reference to that part of the petition regarding lead in fishing tackle. Maybe you should read my email again . . . slowly and without distractions . . . better yet . . . actually read it yourself instead of a staffer . . . . hmmmm

Active voter and constituent,

Vonna Pauls
    Vonna,
    I got the same email today from Mr. Corker!!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

fishhunter775 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I recieved this letter from mine recently
    September 10, 2010

Dear Mr. White,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the effect of lead bullets and lead fishing tackle on the environment. I appreciate hearing from you.

Currently, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) does not regulate the use of lead ammunition or fishing tackle, such as weights and lures. However, a number of groups recently petitioned the EPA to address the potential environmental effects of lead-based products used for hunting and fishing. The EPA has stated that it does not have the authority to regulate lead in ammunition, though it will evaluate
    whether
    to regulate lead-based fishing tackle. Comments regarding this proposal can be submitted to the EPA at
    www.regulations.gov
    through September 15, 2010. While I am not a member of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, which provides oversight to the EPA, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should any legislation related to this issue come before the full Senate.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I value your input. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my office regarding this or any other matter of concern to you.

Sincerely,

Mark Pryor
    United States Senate

Post Thanks / Like

i got the same email as vonna and lynn too

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I got from mine

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me about the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) proposed rule change addressing lead in fishing tackle. As a supporter of hunters and anglers, I appreciate the opportunity to address this important issue with you.

I am aware that the Center for Biological Diversity, the American Bird Conservancy, and few other organizations petitioned the EPA to ban lead in ammunition and fishing tackle.

The Toxic Substances Control Act of 1976 (TSCA) is the current law that regulates chemicals and certifies chemicals as safe for use. It allows the EPA to require reporting and record keeping, and to restrict certain chemicals and mixtures; accordingly, standards of environmental health have improved significantly. Lead is an extremely toxic substance that is dangerous to people and wildlife, and the EPA has addressed major sources of lead in our society for years. In recent years the United States has witnessed recalls and deaths due to the contamination of numerous items ranging from animal food, to children's toys, to toothpaste. For instance, children have died and thousands more were sickened worldwide due to lead-tainted Chinese-made toys such as those of the toy giant Mattel Inc., which has recalled nearly a million lead-tainted products.

It is my understanding that EPA has denied the petition regarding lead ammunition due to an exemption in TSCA, but is taking public comments regarding lead in fishing tackle through September 15th. Thank for drawing my attention to this issue. I recognize the importance of hunting and fishing as activities that thousands of Vermonters and millions of Americans enjoy, and I will continue to support rights and needs of sportsmen and sportswomen as I have in the past.

Currently, this is an issue being addressed by EPA, a federal agency: there is no legislation in the United States Senate. Please know if legislation does arise, I will keep your comments and concerns in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Feel free to contact me again in the future about this or any other subject of interest to you, or for up-to-date information

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lead paint,lead jighead,lead sinkers,Corker,does it really matter?
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azslabber View Post
    Corker,does it really matter?
    Huh? (Depends on what "it" is.)
    Fishing since '50!

Post Thanks / Like

Lets not forget the administration that gave the authority to the EPA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast