Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Fishing in Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing in Arkansas

It was beautiful this morning on Greeson. A bit chilly at 28-degrees when we put in but we started shedding cold weather gear early and by noon it felt like a warm spring day.

The crappie seemed a bit confused as to whether it is winter or spring too. They seem to have moved off many of our condos on points where we have been catching them and scattered both deeper and shallower, which is a bit strange.

We caught them as shallow as 12-feet and as deep as 30-feet – deeper than I have ever seriously fished for crappie. They hit 1/16th ounce White/Red/Chartreuse hair jigs tipped with small Rosy Reds early but preferred Rosy Reds under slip floats later in the morning.

Surface temps are still hovering around 50 and the lake level is up about another foot from last week and appeared to be rising. We had good soaking rains again last Saturday.

This fellow came all the way from Iowa to go fishing and I think he'll be back.

Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-04-2006 at 06:59 AM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good pile of fish!

Looks like you got him on fine fish, Jerry!! I think kindof like you in that the crappie seem to be just as confused as the fishermen are. I know they have been mixed up and at different depths for me on my last 5 or 6 trips. Long as you can find'em, then keep'em coming!
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

good looking mess of fish Jerry
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, that is the real JERRY BLAKE and that is what I am looking for when I come to this site. you made my day. GaryI

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! purdy, purdy, purdy!
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Iowa....

I know someone else in Iowa that's gonna make it down there sooner or later. Hopefully sooner than later.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CohuttaCrappie
    I know someone else in Iowa that's gonna make it down there sooner or later. Hopefully sooner than later.
    Hey Chris:

Slip on down to Crappie Camp - we're gonna have some fun!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all wanting me divorced - keep showing all them pics makes me crazy trying to figure out a way to come to crappie camp - If I hit the lottery I think she will let me go - now you know how simple I ami f all I want from the lottery is a trip to crappie camp
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hey C-K

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    Y'all wanting me divorced - keep showing all them pics makes me crazy trying to figure out a way to come to crappie camp - If I hit the lottery I think she will let me go - now you know how simple I ami f all I want from the lottery is a trip to crappie camp
    If I win the Power Ball Lottery tonight I'll have my private jet pick ya up and take you crappie camp, and have you a new truck and boat waiting at the airport. Don't go makin plans or getting your hopes up to much though, ain't had over 3 numbers in months... izzy:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default kool

Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    If I win the Power Ball Lottery tonight I'll have my private jet pick ya up and take you crappie camp, and have you a new truck and boat waiting at the airport. Don't go makin plans or getting your hopes up to much though, ain't had over 3 numbers in months... izzy:D
    I am printing this for a legal binding contract and I am pulling for ya hard - if I don't win I sure hope you do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!