Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatboy, you'll like this

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fatboy, you'll like this

Fatboy, I went down to two of my fishing holes back in Alabama last week. I started out fishing in the place that the fish generally move into first, as I knew it was time for them to start coming in there. I only caught 3 keepers, but had alot of dinks. A couple local guys said they had fished it for the last two weeks, and said they done pretty good the day before with some nice fish. I thought I would go try the other spot even though I normally dont start picking up fish there until about a month after I catch them from the previous place. When I came up to the ramp, I saw an old fishing partner of mine loading up his boat to go home. I asked him if any fish had moved in yet, thinking surely he would say no. He showed me his livewell and he had about 15. I'd say 3 of them were close to a pound and a half. I noticed an older man and woman that has fished around that area alot over the last several years was sitting right over the top of one of my hotspots. They use to watch me and another friend of mine fish the area while they always fished a little further down. My friend moved away, and since I dont have a boat yet, I havent been able to fish it in the last two years. I asked the other friend of mine if he saw them catch any and he just shook his head. He said he saw them catch about 50 slabs, and said they had several fish that would go probably 2 1/2 pounds. He said their fish were bigger than the ones he had. When they came in to the ramp, I saw them give 21 away to another guy and they still had a livewell full. The part you will like about this story is, they caught them all on minnows, minnows, minnows. The fish were out a little further than I can reach from the bank, but give them three more weeks and I will slaughter them from the bank on my jigs, jigs, jigs. I saw your results of the brawl, maybe you will do better at the teezur. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good story to me. Never can tell what the hot bait will be. After talking with a lot of the guys this weekend, the bait that kept coming up was your Albino Bass Assassin. I took a few with me in the Albino, the Green, the white one with the flakes and they had some there that were almost clear with little slivers of sparkles in them. I shot mostly the Albino ones all day and went over to a marabou with red head, black body and chartreuse tail. It was hard to fish a strange lake much less with the water whitecapping like it was. I can run on top of most waves at full speed. It wasn't gonna happen with those waves because i could feel everyone all the way down the boat. I believe i could do a little better if it had been more calm, but i still had a great time anyways. I think Christmas is gonna come early at my house because I am tired of trying to get this&%$# fishfinder working.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy,

Send that fishfinder off with the repair fee of about $60 and you'll have it back repaired or a new one in about a week. I just got a brand new 300TX from humminbird and it is better than the one I had - it must have a computer from one of the new models.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Depth Finder Repairs

Hey mate:

Humminbird will repair that unit as they repaired my Humminbird LCR8000 once and sent it back to me in good conditions. They may send you a new unit that is rebuilt or something but it will be as good as new. I have had my humminbird LCR 8000 for years now. I had a Humminbird Flasher unit before getting this one and before that I used the Lowrance little green Box which was the very first commercial depth finder that was sold to the masses of fishermen at a relatively low price.

Jerry how long have you had that Humminbird and how to you like it. What features does it have and do they still sell them now?
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy if you like albino B.A.'s you'll love the black or the blue ones at least around here in colder water they are the tix.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is Jerry, i don't have a clue how old this x-65 is. I know Lowrance doesn't show it on their web site anymore. Guess i need to just call them and see what kind of deal i can get. I am gonna have something before the next weekend i am off. I hate running blind, it sux.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fatboy,

I would give them a call or email their tech support and see if they are still fixing and/or replacing that model. They've replaced them for me before for just the repair fee even though the unit was quite old.

You can get a Humminbird 515 for about $120 and it will do everything you need it too - find brushpiles, show botton contours and drops and I think they are fairly reliable at showing fish and their depth.

Moose, I've been using the 300TX for a couple years and I'm happy with it. I have it shooting through the hull in the front and a Lowrance on the dash with the transducer on the transom and they show about the same fish and the depth the fish are holding. The Lowrance swivels so I can see it driving or when I'm on the front deck.

It's great having two units so you can see where you are on drops and when you start getting over the brush. It's also great when one has problems so you have a back up.

I have a back-up GPS and a back-up trolling motor now too since my Maxxum 65 is waiting on a new circuit board.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry, i hope us "Minnow" guys put a spanking on the "Jig" guys, because this past weekend , by the best of my memory, the jig guys were in the top 6, but i knew that going in. Like i was told, "This isn't a minnow lake", i can sure attest to that. I need some of those reds so i can get the BnM out and hopefully at least place. I was reading the other post about the BnM's breaking. I have had one break in the last two years and it had a "pinch" in it. It looked good until a good fish got on, then it flattened out like a straw. I am sure it was my fault, because more than one rod has had a lid slammed on it and i know it didn't fail on its own. I have that Sam Heaton on order, should have it in my hands by wednesday at the latest.
    Last edited by fatboy; 10-18-2004 at 08:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, I'll let you use my jigs to place in that tournament if you need them, lol. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, your funny seeker. Now go to the Dr. Appointment. Hope your not pregnant. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast