Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: truman 9-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default truman 9-10

put in at bucksaw this morning and fished for 4 hours.only had 2 fish and a couple green gar(BASS). the bite hasnt changed much its the same as last week. hope to fish the couples tourney sunday but don't know if we can catch enough fish to keep the wife interested,as for the bite today,should have stayed home and mowed the yard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Think we saw you this am

between what you had and what we had we still couldn't have weighed in 7, we were in Mike's red ranger......... another cdc'er wasn't doing much better there either....... kinda getting like a common thing lately........ I might take up mushroom hunting this weekend, can't have any worse luck........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much same result above Bucksaw for me. 7:30 to 1:30 from Otter Creek to U bridge, had seven keeps but five of those weren't much to get excited about. If you have boat trouble in that area right now you're probably on your own, it's deserted. Unlike Silver i know better than to go mushroom hunting this time of year but snipe season opens soon i think.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, things really are tough up that way. To me the water color looked great, the water temp has come down and should be helping, the fish should be getting with it I would think but that's definitely not the case. Good to see you today Kaz.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a rough day for most. Thanks for the report. A bad report is better than no report I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya well even if I couldn't walk through the grass I wouldn't have given up today at Truman to mow grass even if I didn't catch a fish. It was a very nice day there today.
    Too bad we didn't cross paths to say hi or met some of you folks though.
    Good luck on Sunday to you all fishing the tourn.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Sounds like a rough day for most. Thanks for the report. A bad report is better than no report I guess.
    Jigging15 I can promise you one thing it sure beat the heck out of getting up and going to work this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazualobzerver View Post
    Pretty much same result above Bucksaw for me. 7:30 to 1:30 from Otter Creek to U bridge, had seven keeps but five of those weren't much to get excited about. If you have boat trouble in that area right now you're probably on your own, it's deserted. Unlike Silver i know better than to go mushroom hunting this time of year but snipe season opens soon i think.
    I almost went upriver this morning but decided the cleaner water would be better for us. We fished pretty hard for 5 hrs to get those 14 we had. I would say 5 or 6 of those 14 wouldn't measure 10". Sure is different from last year at this time. Gotta get better sooner or later.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    I almost went upriver this morning but decided the cleaner water would be better for us. We fished pretty hard for 5 hrs to get those 14 we had. I would say 5 or 6 of those 14 wouldn't measure 10". Sure is different from last year at this time. Gotta get better sooner or later.
    Good call Bob, the higher you go the heavier it gets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by triton 196 View Post
    put in at bucksaw this morning and fished for 4 hours.only had 2 fish and a couple green gar(BASS). the bite hasnt changed much its the same as last week. hope to fish the couples tourney sunday but don't know if we can catch enough fish to keep the wife interested,as for the bite today,should have stayed home and mowed the yard
    Triton 196, "green gar" oh that is a good one! I have to remember that one the next time my fishing partner tells me he has fallen off the wagon and went Bass fishing.

What someone needs to invent is a riding lawn mower that looks like a fishing boat then I wouldn't complain about mowing the yard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast