Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Storing double crappie rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Storing double crappie rigs

Want to start stockpiling some double rigs but need some suggestions on how to store them without them getting all tangled up. Some will be featherd jigs, plastic jigs and a mix of hooks for minners and jigs.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a Hobby Lobby they sell 2X3" plastic bags. Last winter when I made 12 dozen rigs, I package them just like store bought ones. Then put the in a cheap plastic box, with my extra weights.

Post Thanks / Like

Lindy makes some rig holders that you can roll the rig up on there is one that is bigger than the others that holds 8 rigs at a time they are the best I have came across
    CrappieGeorge

Post Thanks / Like

Cut up swimming pools noodles in about 2" pieces and then cut 3/4" pvc in about 18" peices. the pvc will hold about 20 rigs.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie George View Post
    Lindy makes some rig holders that you can roll the rig up on there is one that is bigger than the others that holds 8 rigs at a time they are the best I have came across
    x2
    "Stumphunter's Crappie Jigs" Prostaff

Post Thanks / Like

Swimming Noodles in about 15" sections. Just put the back hook in and roll the line around tightly and sink the top hook or swivel in. 15" section will hold about 15 rigs. More if ya want.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

WANNABE you have the perfect answer,been doing this for years and its CHEAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default dry

After using a crappie rig, be sure to let them dry completly before storing wet hooks in swim noodles. Rusty Hooks = Dull Hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Went to the store and they had the noodles at 50% off. Cost $1.59 Can't beat it. Thanks wannabe.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

When I buy mine from Grizzly Jig (plug) they come on a small diameter cardboard tube. I bought one of those plastic, waterproof ammunition boxes from wal-mart and keep them stored in there. After using a rig, I just put it back onto the tube and throw it in the box. Im not sure where you could find the tubes, but they are about 3/8 diameter and about 6 inches long. They have slits cut on both ends. Just lay the wire part of the rig against the tube then start winding it on. The line will slide into the slits. Then just lightly sink the hooks into the tube.