Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Uh Oh Bandit trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Uh Oh Bandit trouble

I just got this email from Bandit Lures, and I figured that Id post it here to let others know to keep an eye on their cc statements.

We have recently become aware that some our on-line customers may have had their credit card information stolen and used for unauthorized purchases. While it is unclear at this point where the credit card information was wrongfully obtained -- whether though "hacking" into the third-party server that hosts our website or some other merchant from which our customers made purchases-- we want to assure our customers that Bandit Lures has taken all possible precautions to ensure its customers can continue to make purchases on our website safely. In fact, while it continues to investigate the source of any problem, Bandit Lures has switched website server hosts and taken other measures to ensure its website provides a secure place for customers to make purchases. Bandit Lures' website already has an SSL certificate, which offers one of the highest levels of online security available. The new steps Bandit Lures has taken should give its customers even more peace of mind when shopping with us online. We will continue to make our customers' convenience, satisfaction, and security our highest priority. Bandit Lures also strongly urges its customers to monitor their credit card accounts and contact their credit card vendors if they detect unauthorized activity.

Bandit Lures, Inc
    662-563-8450 Office
    662-563-8547 Fax
    www.banditlures.com
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading about all the trouble recently ......I will not buy from them unless they get set up to take PayPal.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I used Paypal, and it got into both it and my bank account.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

how long ago did this happen hunter?

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

if you guys need them or want them. i can get them from a tackle shop here in ohio. series 200 and 300 i believe...Let me know just trying to help you guys

Post Thanks / Like

KB2212
    We do appreciate you posting this notice from Bandit. I have just posted it on the Miss. site and was in the process of posting on this site when I noticed it had already been placed.
    We have sent the notice out to all of our website customers who have purchased from us in the last few months.
    If anybody has any questions, please call us at 662-563-8450. Mon-Thurs 8:00-4:30 P.M.

Chris Ross
    CEO
    Bandit Lures Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that I forgot to mention is that we will gladly refer you to a retailer near you. We try to keep the dealer locater current and it can also be seen on our website.

Chris Ross
    Bandit lures

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

Thank you for being upfront about this situation. I have in the past been a victim of credit card fraud, and appreciate the heads up.

Kb
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

Default great place

well i just bought some from bandit using my credit card and now i have no money left... only because i bought to much no problems her but thanks for the heads up

Post Thanks / Like

i bought from bandit lures yesterday. paypal is up and running. received an e-mail from bandit saying they have a glitch in the system. they are receiving the payment but not the order. have to give them my order over the phone. they said they were working on the problem and should have it fixed very soon.