Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowan Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cowan Lake

I was thinking about going to Cowan Lake this weekend. Has anyone been there lately? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, welcome to the site. I have only been there twice, and once was for a nightstalk. The only other time was on Labor Day. It's a nice little lake, with some nice fish in it. I didn't have much luck catching the bigger fish, ended up catching over 100, but all were small. I'm sure there are areas of the lake that will produce larger fish, but I couldn't go real far on just my trolling motor. I caught my biggest fish on 2.5'' stingers tipped with minnows, tightlining over points and structure.

Keep us updated on how you do out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. How deep were the fish? I havent decided if I am going there or Paint creek.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished anywhere from 10'-17' FOW. Fish were at all depths, but holding closer to the bottom. I had best luck with my weight on a kentucky rig just bouncing off the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome jlynch
    I've been having a good year at Cowan. Last time out we had about 25 over 9" with 17 or 18 over 10", biggest was a nice 14"er. I din't keep any so they're all still there.

We fished exactly like EFslabs. Definitley fish tight to bottom. I've had my best luck on jigs. Color has been all over the place but mostly blue/clear w/silver flake, then anything w/chartuse.

Like EF said it's a nice little lake. It can only handle so much pressure so if you kill them throw a few back for seed. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I have done very well long line trolling bandits and jigs. but seems to be a warmer weather/water pattern. we have caught a 15inch and multiple 14s doing it. may be worth a try, but I know CMAX has been on em good so I would for sure take his advice, we havent been out there in a month or better.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys.

I have only been there a few times and we launched by the dam so that is the only part of the lake we fished. It was in the spring but we did really good.

I only keep a few small ones to eat. I don't like the tatse of the 10 inch plus crappies.

Which end of the lake are you guys fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Say What?

[QUOTE=jlynch;1260023]

I only keep a few small ones to eat. I don't like the tatse of the 10 inch plus crappies.

Most lakes have a 9in. limithalf of the human race like that extra INCH:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Y-SLABS;1260062][QUOTE=jlynch;1260023
    Most lakes have a 9in. limithalf of the human race like that extra INCH:D:D[/QUOTE]

Good point

That is the size I usually keep 9-10 inch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

TO the sitelots of smack goes on from time to timeBut you can learn alot if ya stick around:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast