Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my second pour ever!

Post Thanks / Like

Default my second pour ever!

been gettin low on my yellow grubs.the fish seem to love em and tear them up,so today i went downstairs and poured some more.i have always wanted a trout worm mold.last night i thought up a simple way to make them.my dad works with glass,does sculptures,n beads and has glass tubing.so i used a piece of that stuff,and i took a plastic syringe put one end of the tubing into the molten plastisol and pulled the plunger up and it draws it into the tubing.set it down to cool,and i found out wooden skewers for the grill fit perfectly inside the diameter of tubing i used a skewer as a ramrod type of deal to push the finished trout worm out.i am so glad this works and i don't have to try and find a trout worm mold lol.didn't cost me anything either :D
    now i just need to get some more colors to play around with :D

Christopher Spaloss's Photos | Facebook

Christopher Spaloss's Photos | Facebook

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

They look good. It's alway great when you can save some money. Nice job and thanks for the post.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

your welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Those grubs look good.
    J

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrific ideal

BXN thank you for sharing with us on making your trout worm this is a terrific ideal and I never thought about doing that year grubs looked fine. I hope to see more of your ideals in the future on making plastic baits you got me up thinking on that suction method of years if a color could make a plastic tube into a skirt . I'm thinking if you put a smaller diameter tubing inside a larger one in plugging the center off and suction up the plastic that you would have a tube. You can either pull that plastic out of their in the plastic should slide off of the glass tubing then you can cut it to the length you want and melt the in's. In make up a razor knife to make a skirt out of them.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    BXN thank you for sharing with us on making your trout worm this is a terrific ideal and I never thought about doing that year grubs looked fine. I hope to see more of your ideals in the future on making plastic baits you got me up thinking on that suction method of years if a color could make a plastic tube into a skirt . I'm thinking if you put a smaller diameter tubing inside a larger one in plugging the center off and suction up the plastic that you would have a tube. You can either pull that plastic out of their in the plastic should slide off of the glass tubing then you can cut it to the length you want and melt the in's. In make up a razor knife to make a skirt out of them.
    might not even need to do that to be honest.i remember seeing a cone shaped cavity forming in the ends of the plastic after it was inside the glass.i'll hafta mess around with it more sometime,maybe after i get some more colors.im thinkin about doin a small batch of plastic in chartreuse green maybe with small black glitter.do some grubs and trout worms again in green.i would really love to do some bright orange plastic as well,and just plain opaque white.i only got the yellow and green colors tho.im wondering,are using oil based paints that come in tubes like for art painting compatible for mixing in plastisol?my dad has bunch of tubes upstairs he paints too.and your welcome,glad to share my discovery with you all and try to make things easier and less expensive to do.

Post Thanks / Like

The Oil Based Paints Will Work ... Takes more to get the same colors that you do with the concentrated ..

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bxn View Post
    might not even need to do that to be honest.i remember seeing a cone shaped cavity forming in the ends of the plastic after it was inside the glass.i'll hafta mess around with it more sometime,maybe after i get some more colors.im thinkin about doin a small batch of plastic in chartreuse green maybe with small black glitter.do some grubs and trout worms again in green.i would really love to do some bright orange plastic as well,and just plain opaque white.i only got the yellow and green colors tho.im wondering,are using oil based paints that come in tubes like for art painting compatible for mixing in plastisol?my dad has bunch of tubes upstairs he paints too.and your welcome,glad to share my discovery with you all and try to make things easier and less expensive to do.
    very interesting it was just mentioned below your post here that oil based paints can be used in plastics well I should kick myself in the rear and I just threw out a 100 of oil based paints for painting there are so many different shades in oil paints the good thing about that is if you have a craft store they usually carry a wide selection. And I think a little bit of that will go a long ways. We have used oil base pigments in the past. Don't remember who I bought them from so will have to do research. But I think most of the plastics that verbiage made for instance toys and shares and stuff like that will use a oil base pigments in their manufacturing of the stuff. We will pick up a couple of tubes and find out how well it does. Have you tried it yet? Many of the oil painting pigments are a zillion and one different color combinations there are many different shades to pick from. Not only that but you can mix them to get your own particular color . And again thank you for your information it's very helpful to me and others that are into plastics. Definitely keep in touch and want to see more of your work.
    Last edited by snake River; 09-09-2010 at 10:32 AM.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSC View Post
    The Oil Based Paints Will Work ... Takes more to get the same colors that you do with the concentrated ..

JSC
    thank you for your input I am glad to hear that you can use oil-based paints and plastics . Is I mentioned that I have used oil-based pigments in the past but do not remember the company that I bought them from. And I'm sure that oil painting pigments are little bit different than what I had. But deftly will give it a shot we have a craft store that has a zillion and one different color combinations besides mixing it yourself combining different oil pigments together to form your own color.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

im glad to know i can use oil based paints too.i want to make some white trout worms and some other colors,maybe red.my dad has buncha different colors up there.i also read on tackleunderground.com you can use crayons for coloring plastics.im thinkin bout makin some molds out of that silicone rubber stuff.it will be fun to make my own molds and baits :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast