Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coming Down

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coming Down

The water temps and water levels are coming down. Water surface temp was 74 this morning. The bite was still slow on Caesars as it has been all year. The ones I did catch were full bellied... kinda like me...lol. Chartreuse and Pearl was effective colors as long as I kept it moving slow around laydowns. I wonder when the fall feeding freenzy kicks in. I want to try the shallow bite with the strike indicators. What might be a starting depth with the corks right now? Thanks for any help guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I read the title and was scared you were coming down to EF to catch all those minnows you love to catch.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed the lake level was down at EF about a foot. I figure it was because of the drought. With the temps starting to drop, I need to find a tree stand.

Post Thanks / Like

I think once the water gets into the 60's or lower it will be jig and cork time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default minnows

Looks like you guys are having a ball catching fish is what it looks like to me. Some put to much focus on catching the biggest crappies in the lake. I just like to feel of something tugging back on the line from time to time. When that becomes boring, its time to find another hobby perhaps... If the 6 to 8-7/8 inch crappie were gone from EF or Caesars, most of us better follow jeepguys lead and invest in some musky lures. Crappie, fish of a thousand cast. Corp of Engineers said they were starting to bring the lakes water levels down slowly. Good Fishin'
    Last edited by Nightprowler; 09-09-2010 at 05:24 AM.