Thread: no minnesota crappie ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default no minnesota crappie ?

y'all must think we live to far north to have crappies
    Jon Chapman
    Ice Team Power Stick
    www.iceteam.com

Post Thanks / Like

I"m from a farm in SW Minn, went thru school in Minneota if you know where that is. 20 m from S Kadota 90 N of Iowa. Hogpoopie still the official State
    Odor. I don't know why there is no State Forum for Minn. I go back all the time and as you know there is plenty of crappie and fishing for them done there. Someone else may jump on here and help you on this as to how you would go about starting one. The man who runs the board is Ed and you could look thru the posts and find one started by him and contact him. I
    don't know what proper protocal is but I think its ok to contact him.

Anyway hope this helps. Throw a post on here asking about is there anyone out there from Minn reading. Might be surprised. Say hi to Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox for me as I see you live in Brainerd. And of course don't eat no yellow snow. I had to leave in the late 70's for AZ, got sick of having to pour antifreeze in the commode & tank when it was 40 below out and I left for more than a few hrs.
    Jeff
    Ps Are the Eyes bitin?
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

iceman, we all voted and decided no Minn. forum unless to tell us where and how you're catching them.
    Just kidding. Welcome to the site. Go ahead and post on the General Discussion forum with any news or reports from your state. I'm sure there'll be a lot of interest.
    And if you still have ice up there, call me jealous.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Iceman:

Ed will start a Minnesota board if there is enough interest and someone will volunteer to moderate it. Everyone that is interested in starting one and/or moderating it should send him a Private Message from his Public Profile page – http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/member.php?u=1

I grew up in Minnesota – Maple Plain and Hutch – went to North Star Camp just out of Brainerd. We boarded North Star Camp’s riding horses when they weren’t need at camp. One of them – a Shetland pony by the name of either Amos or Andy (I never could tell them apart) nearly killed me!

I still have an uncle in Bemidji but the rest of us have all moved to warmer climates. Every now and then I miss those endless summer evenings – seems like it didn’t get dark until nearly 10:00 in August. Of course the mesquites started carrying pets and small children off about 9:30!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe there isnt one!!! 10,000+ lakes and no crappie forum? what a bunch of bull

Good luck crappie.com
    The S.W.A.T. - "We Don't Flock Around"
    www.TheSupremeWaterfowlActionTeam.com

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Schulz
    I cant believe there isnt one!!! 10,000+ lakes and no crappie forum? what a bunch of bull

Good luck crappie.com
    There is no bull here. It is like Jerry said, if someone is from that state, or lives near it, and fishes in that state regularly, then volunteer to moderate that state.

When this new forum was created by Ed, he asked for members to volunteer in moderating state forums. At that time, no one volunteered for that state. Each section takes up space, and if someone isn't committed to take care of a state, then why waste space. If one of you wants to moderate, then PM ED and volunteer. It is just that simple. For every problem, there is a cure, instead of complaining, ask why.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, you are right on target. If someone volunteers to moderate a Minnesota board, I will create one. No problem.

So Iceman, if you're interested, just let me know. We'd love to include Minne'snow'da to our Crappie fishing board list.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

There ya go fellas. I contacted Ed and said I would like to see it as I am from there. Rally the troops up there and put something together if ya want. I
    scrolled thru the state message boards and soon found one that did not have a single post the whole month of Jan. I know in a state that has more boats & ice shanties than people there has to be interest.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

I'll moderate the forum if no one has stepped up yet. We catch crappies here in minnesota dont let this state go overlooked
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

More MN craps
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast