Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain 9/7

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain 9/7

Went to Mark Twain Tuesday 9/7, beautiful weather, light breeze, low to mid 70's and caught fish all day, started at 6:00 am and quit at 2:00 pm. Using Minnows at 8 -10 feet deep. First fish was 11 inch after that it went down hill from there, seems there all about 7 inches long ! But I did manage 7 keepers out of all the fish I caught, enough for a mess. Had 4 at 9 1/2 two at 10 and the first one at 11. Don't you just love it when the fish cooperate and the weather does too, nothing better ( except bigger fish )
    On another note, made a minnow bucket out of a 5 gal water cooler, put a aerator in bottom and run the wires through the spigot and siliconed it in, worked fine until the siliconed came out, then started leaking. Apparently the silicone doesn't stick real well to the material the spigot is made of, guess I'll have to rough up that hole and try again.
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Mongo and nice job on the catchin.

Upper or lower end of the lake?

U

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

I fished Shell Branch about 90% this year, mostly fish around the Florida area, I like 107 ramp ( free, and easy to walk up and close to parking) I really don't think it matters where you fish on the lake, I know people that catch fish out of Little Indian, Pigeon Roost and Lick creek and they all do good. I use to fish up the North Fork between highway 24 and the railroad bridge. I guess it just what you get use to and where you find them. Recently Shell Branch has been my favorite
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny, Sandy and Shell are always "the places to be" for prespawn and actual spawn, but then everyone seems to forget about it.

Haven't heard much out of Lick lately..... you?

U

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you caught a bunch even if they were not keepers Mongo. Sounds like you know Twain pretty well. Look forward to seeing down here on Truman again.