Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Greg, AKA Moose1am, Kamper (and others)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Greg, AKA Moose1am, Kamper (and others)

I'm sorry for whatever I did to offend you and cause you to have so much animosity towards me. I don’t know what I could possibly have done.

Apparently you feel it was my fault that you got banned from crappie.com the first time. Well, it wasn’t – it was your fault and it’s your fault you will be banned again.

I wonder why you have never emailed or called me or sent me a PM to try to work out our differences – whatever you think they may be. I really feel bad for you that the situation has been eating at you all this time when we could have worked it out like civilized human beings a long time ago.

I would gladly have petitioned Ed to let you back on his site if I thought you would be willing to abide by the site rules and get back to talking about first hand crappie fishing experiences.

At this point however I don’t think there is anything I can do for you and I feel bad about that. I can only think of one other person in my life that I have not been able to get along with and work through our differences.

I guess I was in about 6th grade and had hiked down to a river to do some fishing. I caught a few fish and was having a great time until some kid about my age came up behind me and put his wet nasty dip net over my head and wanted me to fight him.

I had never met the kid before in my life, hadn’t spoken to him, and hadn’t done anything that I new of that possibly could have offended him. I didn’t want to fight him - I grew up with an older brother and a younger brother and we beat the crap out of each other a few times when we were younger until we figured out there were better ways to work out our disagreements.

I had no reason to fight this kid – other than him putting his net over me – no big deal. So I walked away – quit fishing – headed for home. BIG mistake – as soon as I turned my back to him he grabbed me from behind by my hair with both hands – yes this was back in the early 70s and I had long hair. I was more concerned about my tackle than anything and totally unprepared for his attack. He spun me around and pulled my head down and his knee up into my face so hard I nearly passed out. He repeated this maneuver 3 or 4 more times in rapid succession.

I went home and tried to hide my injuries from my parents but it was obvious I’d had the crap beat out of me. My dad got in contact with the kid’s mother – apparently his father wasn’t around – and let her know what had happened. Her comment was – well boys will be boys. My folks thought it might be a good idea if I didn’t go back down to the river - I guess they may have been more concerned for the other kid’s safety than mine.

I learned a few lessons that day. One of course is never turn your back on someone that wants to fight with you. You can ignore them and walk away but DON’T turn your back on them. But probably the main thing I learned is that there are some people that you just can’t get along with for some reason – maybe jealousy – maybe some folks just can’t stand seeing someone else succeed.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Replied privately

Night Jerry