Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New moon tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New moon tomorrow!

This is my "Time Of The Month"!!!:p (but I ain't gonna be ill about it!:D)

The solunar table predicts the best bite of the day from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm, this coincides with generation schedule on the reservoir that I fish. They'll start pulling water through the dam at about noon, this really turns the fish on... like ringing the dinner bell!... and when the solunar table major bite is at the same time, fishin' can be real good!

I hope Ol' Yeller (my wife) gives me permission to go! I'd hate to be grounded for disobeying a direct order!:p:p:p

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck getting out of the house. My wife goes back to work tomorrow so no more honey-dos for me this week! I'm also planning on hitting the water bright and early and have jigs behind the boat WAY before sun up. I dont know if that sun will let me fish those best times you mentioned though. It'll get pretty hot by then.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    I dont know if that sun will let me fish those best times you mentioned though. It'll get pretty hot by then.:o
    That's where the bimini top comes in real handy GBM!... almost like air conditioning!

There's a good feeding period at about 7:00 am too, that should work for you!

My fish don't really start feeding until they either turn the water on at the dam or the sun gets real low in the sky... picky little snots they are!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I havent fished an evening this summer. I'm probably missing out on some of the good fishing but I just try and hit the water at daylight and fish until it gets hot. And I hear ya about that top. I dont have a bimini top but I do use a beach umbrella on a pole and it helps ALOT.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

You two make sure and post your reports (and pics? if yall can). I have been thinking about those tables a lot lately and would love to hear your results.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Oh they must be cleaning the fish!!
    It was nice over this way!
    I hope they sunk the boat with'em!!
    they have to had!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

looking at 2-4 inches of rain for tomorrow and friday?? I too like the Moom phase for tomorrow but I'm not fulling around with Mother Nature??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    looking at 2-4 inches of rain for tomorrow and friday?? I too like the Moom phase for tomorrow but I'm not fulling around with Mother Nature??
    heard that!
    Reel foot yankee

Post Thanks / Like

How'd ya do GCD?
    Simple Life = Better Life

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry 'bout gettin' back with y'all so late, been pretty busy.

Fishin' was slow on Wed., real slow!

Got 4 keeper Crappie about 10" long and 4 green trout and that was it!:rolleyes: Long lined a rainbow of colors, Acid Rain caught 2 Crappie and 2 bass, Green Hornet caught 1 Crappie and 2 bass, and Orange Crush with chart. tail took 1 Crappie. Wildcat and WLK were completely ignored.

Got out there at 10 am and didn't get a sniff until they turned the water on at noon. Could only get Crappie bit in 15-18 f.o.w, and trolling at 1 mph. I packed it in at 4 pm.

Surface temp was 83*F.

I may need to start buying minners again.:p