Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Twain?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain?

Finally back in the country, but haven't heard/seen much of anything about Twain since the 'Masters.... not even on the local fishing reports.

What gives?

Lake is back under 610', probably be normal pool by the weekend...... I should be headed that way Friday or Saturday.....anyone gonne be out or have been out?

I'll certainly report what I find, but where have Crappie Dan, South Point, Bruce, Camo, and the rest of the Twain dwellers been!

U

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route U View Post
    Finally back in the country, but haven't heard/seen much of anything about Twain since the 'Masters.... not even on the local fishing reports.

What gives?

Lake is back under 610', probably be normal pool by the weekend...... I should be headed that way Friday or Saturday.....anyone gonne be out or have been out?

I'll certainly report what I find, but where have Crappie Dan, South Point, Bruce, Camo, and the rest of the Twain dwellers been!

U

Caught a few a couple weeks ago. Ended up using slip floats/jigs set at 10-12 feet on secondary points on the outer third of coves/creek arms. I caught about 20 but kept 6 over 10 inches. Crappie slowed down considerably from what is has been earlier, from what I heard.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been wanting to run up there Saturday but havn't seen any good reports.
    Knowing that the water is back down is a good report, but supposed to get a lot of rain in the st louis area thursday. Hopefully Mark twain doesn't get dumped on.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been since the week of the Master's , U. Been busy with the Doc's, gotta test the 13th, hope to make it back up the 20th for 4 or 5 days. Can hardly wait.

Post Thanks / Like

hey people, sorry I aint been around because my puter said this was an infected site or something, and my spyware would not let me join in. anyone else experience this?
    anyhow, I spent the weekend at Indian creek camping and the bite has definatly changed for me. Put in at the h/F access on rt U and fished the middle fork sat morning. was a bust. used minners, jigs or both and only caught 1 fish! even fished the 107 bridge. fished flats, channels, woody bluffs, cove mouths, way back in the coves, points and piers. 1 dang dink.
    pretty discusted, we waited till about four and put in at campground ramp at indian creek and tried the north east side. minners were dying, so I grabbed a bandit and had 2 11 inchers in the boat before we even got started trolling. jeff and I limited out in less than 1.5 hours. nothin big, couple of kittycats to boot. spun prop on a stick-up shortly after so the fishing was done for us but the camping had just begun! had a fish fry and and met a few other campers and and sat there in my chair lovin it!
    water was stained, could see about 1.5 feet down, and cooling nice. 72 degrees in the morning. bring on that fall bite!
    on a bad note I talked to a guy that swears he saw a silver carp jump around the three fingers area. I hope to hell he is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished tuesday evening; had lake pretty much to ourselves and ended up with 17 keepers. Bite was fair with a good percent of keepers. 12 feet on wood or piers near the bottom. Niblets helped a lot. Black and pink and green and chartruese were both good.

Post Thanks / Like

forgot to mention those bandits were 300's in firetiger or orange crawfish colors. also caught a few on bumble bee. our fish fish were around the bluffs and points, but I heard others were finding fish in flats on trees.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you stuck with it SP and got your limit!!!
    If you r going to b pullin cranks again try these colors:
    solid chart.
    Orange crush
    black top chrome body
    blue and Chrome
    blue n chart splatterback

those worked best for dad n me we were up there pullin

hope to make it up there again when dad gets of boat maybe

Post Thanks / Like

There's the responses I like to see!

Sounds like things might be picking back up after the lake levels out.........

Dan, hope all goes well with the doc and you're back on the water soon.

SP, I hope to hell you are wrong about the Asian Carp. I know they have made it all the way up the Salt and you can see them at the foot of the dam, but the only way they would get in the lake is if some genious decided to plant one. NOT GOOD! Hopefully it was a nice sized white bass or someone joking around.

U

Post Thanks / Like

u, I dont know for sure, I didnot see any asians there, but this fella was insistant and he said he was a river man, so who knows for sure. all it takes is 1 person who nets their own bait in the salt and then fish twain to get em in the lake, and they tend to run with shad. I catch them all the time while looking for shad on the river and they make great catfish bait, but the law reads that you can't transport them live or fish with em live. I pray that I am wrong, but I fear it will happen sooner or later. for now though, the fishin is good so get after it!