Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hollow Tube Jigs / Jig Tube Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hollow Tube Jigs / Jig Tube Help

Obviously very new here... so hope this is in the right section.

I'm planning on using a syringe injector into a hollow tube jig with Crappie Nibbles. However, looking at places like Bass Pro Shop or Walmart websites, I cannot seem to locate an appropriate soft plastic hollow tube jig.

Am I missing something? Is this a 2 part process that I need to buy the jig and then the hollow tube? Sorry for the newbie questions...but that's what I am

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes,the hallow tubes come in bulk all together like 10 or 25 in a pack.Then the lead heads you have to buy seperate in whatever weight that you want.Some put them together in like a kit,I think.Go to the DIY forum here and check out what the guys make.You can buy them from most of them pretty cheap.They will answer any questions that you might have also.Nice guys.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have a link to these somewhere by chance? I am just confused I guess to what I'm buying here. If I understand correctly:

1.) Lead Heads
    2.) Bulk Hollow Tubes

Then I put together the Hollow Tubes + Lead Heads?

Post Thanks / Like

Also, is there a preference in Jig Head size, line size, etc.. I'm trying to rig up a pole set for me and my son.

Post Thanks / Like

You can find what you need at Bass Pro, but if you want to ask questions Grizzly Jig Co. is hard to beat. Google them and you can look at their site. There is a number to call if you have questions. They'll be glad to help you out with getting the correct heads, tubes, or whatever!

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just go to the main board.Scroll down to DIY forum and go on in,lol.It's right here on crappie.com.You got it with the stuff.I like 1/8 oz. tube jigs and a 2" tube myself.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation sfarugger ....

Quote Originally Posted by sfarugger View Post
    Obviously very new here... so hope this is in the right section.

I'm planning on using a syringe injector into a hollow tube jig with Crappie Nibbles. However, looking at places like Bass Pro Shop or Walmart websites, I cannot seem to locate an appropriate soft plastic hollow tube jig.

Am I missing something? Is this a 2 part process that I need to buy the jig and then the hollow tube? Sorry for the newbie questions...but that's what I am
    ANY hollow plastic "tube" bait will work for your idea. BPS Squirmin Squirts or Sparkle Squirts will work fine. There are many other mfg's of plastic tubes that are hollow, too. Most plastic tubes ARE hollow ... and when they're advertised as "Solid Body" tubes, then you know they're not.

I'd advise using a "oral med syringe", if you're going that direction ... and nothing smaller than a 10ml size syringe.

You, also, don't necessarily need to buy an "insert" style jighead. Regular jigheads, weedless or plain, will work just fine. Size of hook & weight of jighead are usually interdependant, if you buy them from a store. If you buy them from one of our members, that custom make them, then you can custom order hook size with whatever weight jighead you want. (I buy 1/16oz heads with #2 size hooks, from my main man Grousefly :p .... whereas, if you buy them off the shelf, usually a 1/16oz jighead will have a #4 hook in it)

As far as preferences go .... everyone has their own, but ballpark figures run something on the order of :

Jighead weight .... 1/32 - 1/24 - 1/16 - 1/8 (1/16oz being the most often used)
    Line size .... 4lb - 6lb mono (casting & jigging) -- with heavier lines used for some of the other fishing methods.
    Bait lengths .... 1" - 1.5" - 1.75" - 2" (1.5" being the norm for tubes)

You're in the right "section" :D .... so feel free to ask all the general or specific questions you wish. We'll help you get you & your son rigged up, as best we can. It might help, too, if you give us some indication as to "How" you intend to fish (what method you'll most often use), as well as "Where" (what lake or type of water body will you most often be fishing).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  welcome.gif
Views: 1650
Size:  8.7 KB From Toledo Bend Texas!

Looks like cp and others have got you headed in the right direction. Ask questions and enjoy the site and the members here are a good bunch.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama. Pappy and others have given you great advice.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend that you pickup some glue for glueing you tubes on I feel it is a must BPS carries it