Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Here's a note from TJ Stallings on the topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's a note from TJ Stallings on the topic.

EPA’s proposed fishing tackle lead ban would be devastating.

That’s right; the EPA is proposing a total lead ban on fishing tackle. What does that mean to the angler? Fishing tackle prices would nearly double from the remaining tackle companies that survive the ban. An EPA decision based on poor “science” at best…
    How would this affect us as a company? Our hook brands would be okay but Road Runner? Imagine all of our molds becoming obsolete overnight. It would be devastating. I’d guess that nearly a million jobs in the sport-fishing industry would be lost.
    Imagine how many lures in your tackle box, will become illegal to use.
    How serious is this? Let’s just say I haven’t slept well since I read the proposal on Friday.
    What can you do? Go to this link American Sportfishing Association and enter your zip code. This will enable you to quickly send an e-mail to the EPA, your Senators and Representatives. We’d appreciate your prayers too. Blessings, -TJ
    Blessings,
    TJ Stallings
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I posted the link on my state bass site which includes a crappie forum.I don't go there much and saw not a glimpse of anything about the lead ban.Now they all get to see it.I posted the link Slab.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Great, the word needs to get out fast. thanks
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Emails sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Got this response from my Senator today.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me about a petition submitted to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) calling for the ban of lead ammunition and fishing tackle.

Recently, five conservation groups petitioned the EPA to ban the use of lead ammunition and fishing tackle because of the potential threat posed to wildlife by the lead content of shells, tackle and bullets.

On August 27, 2010, the EPA stated that it does not have the authority to enact the ban on ammunition and tackle, and is not considering taking action on whether the lead content in hunting ammunition poses a threat to wildlife.

Should relevant legislation come before the Senate, I will be sure to keep your views in mind. Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
    United States Senator

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OGFWeatherby View Post
    On August 27, 2010, the EPA stated that it does not have the authority to enact the ban on ammunition and tackle
    This is WRONG!

Please contact your senator again and cite the correct wording of EPA's 8/27 announcement: "EPA today denied a petition submitted by several outside groups for the agency to implement a ban on the production and distribution of lead hunting ammunition...As there are no similar jurisdictional issues relating to the agency's authority over fishing sinkers, EPA – as required by law – will continue formally reviewing a second part the petition related to lead fishing sinkers."

The full text of EPA's news release is here.
    Fishing since '50!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I sincerely hope that at the very least all the readers and posters here on CDC takes this serious enough to send in the email supplied with the link. After all, this is something that will not only change the future of fishing but also the present.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Corker is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General - Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Well, I sincerely hope that at the very least all the readers and posters here on CDC takes this serious enough to send in the email supplied with the link. After all, this is something that will not only change the future of fishing but also the present.
    Confusion seems to be the norm as the clock ticks down. If a Senator's office can't figure out where this matter stands, how are ordinary citizens supposed to know what's happening? I contacted my Congressman's office by phone today and asked him to join us in a request for EPA to stop this rulemaking and demand that the petitioners rewrite and resubmit their petition--minus the 95% of the document rejected by EPA on 8/27. Full discussion of my request is in this thread.
    Fishing since '50!

Post Thanks / Like

Please contact your senator again and cite the correct wording of EPA's 8/27 announcement:

Already done!

Post Thanks / Like

Sent

Thanks for post and others info-
    Slab could you post info on all State forums incase some has not seen this? Iam not to good with moving info around the site.