Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: first attempt at boo condo's Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default first attempt at boo condo's Help

Well I got about 75 - 5-6 foot tops of bamboo now for the hard part I plan on using 5 gallon bucket and maybe some concrete block but no quickrete.. I'm wiring the boo to the sides of the bucket with large rocks to hold the bucket down ?? is this good or bad and how much will the boo float? PM me or just reply thanks bear in mind I only have about 8 foot max of water

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, that sounds like a lot more work than just using quickrete.

It takes around 50 pounds of quickrete to sink 7-8ft tall bamboo condos. I've used 60+ pounds and had some taller condos 12+ float.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the acidity of your water and the wire you use, the wire may rust out in a years time and free the bamboo from the bucket. Here's the way we build them - FISH HABITAT. They last for several years and we've had very little trouble with the condos moving or falling over, even on some pretty steep banks.

If you don't want to pay full price for Quickcrete, take a square-nosed shovel or heavy duty dust pan and some buckets to your Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. and ask them if they'll let you have the Quickcrete that's spilled out of broken bags. Usually they'll let you have it for cleaning it up or at least give you a discount.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I Went With Your Idea And Used Concrete But I've Got To Say I'm Pooped From All The Weight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rocket rich View Post
    I Went With Your Idea And Used Concrete But I've Got To Say I'm Pooped From All The Weight
    Yea, "Doing The Boo", as we call it, is good exercise for sure!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com