Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy What a bunch of Crud, My Trailer Boards at Rotten

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boy What a bunch of Crud, My Trailer Boards at Rotten

I am pretty peeved this morning. They are dropping the lake starting in a week. I have been having a problem with backing my trailer up grade, but only use it a couple time a year since my boat stays in. So was talking to a guy to help me with by brake trouble so walked down to it while on the phone with him so see what he was talking about.

Well now my breaks are not much trouble, but the da*& boards are, they are falling apart rotten. If they had used treated boards there is no way in 3 years they rot!

Not a happy camper now! Still love the Lund, but the trailer is a piece!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The boards on my old BassTracker trailer lasted 22 years....The ones in My G3 boat trailerr are 5 years old now and still solid as a rock. Your carpet that your boards are covered with must not be draining water good and causing your boards to rot. Be carefull using treaded lumber if you have a aluminum boat.....not all...but some treated lumber has a chemical that reacts with aluminum and can eat holes in your boat.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

It happens to all of us, lucky for you its an easy fix. Get your boards cut, and ready, take it to the lake, and 20 minutes later you will be good as new.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Fisherman View Post
    The boards on my old BassTracker trailer lasted 22 years....The ones in My G3 boat trailerr are 5 years old now and still solid as a rock. Your carpet that your boards are covered with must not be draining water good and causing your boards to rot. Be carefull using treaded lumber if you have a aluminum boat.....not all...but some treated lumber has a chemical that reacts with aluminum and can eat holes in your boat.
    Glad to know that! I can't see how it wouldn't drain water as it sits out in the open with no boat sitting on it?? I will be sure to check with the place I bought it and the Mfg. However I am not sure how much I trust the Mfg. at this point.

Thanks,
    Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know this. Must be the new treatment stuff.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

David,

That happened to me on my first Jon boat. I was ticked and bought a 17.5 tracker. Never had another problem with my boat. I hate that I did not bring it with me when I moved from Ohio. There are some great fishing waters here in Alabama.

Skip, I hope your problem is solved soon. I know how you feel. Sometimes you are the dog. Sometimes you are the hydrant.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    David,

That happened to me on my first Jon boat. I was ticked and bought a 17.5 tracker. Never had another problem with my boat. I hate that I did not bring it with me when I moved from Ohio. There are some great fishing waters here in Alabama.

Skip, I hope your problem is solved soon. I know how you feel. Sometimes you are the dog. Sometimes you are the hydrant.
    Buy you another one MIke....you can't take all that old moldy money with ya ...ya know. :D
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

G-3 is right about the new treated lumber. They still use the arsenic treated wood in the marine manufacturing business, the only place it is still permitted. The new chemicals can leach through the carpet and deteriorate your aluminum hull.

Replacing the trailer bunks is pretty easy. Instead of carpeting your bunks, seal them real good with a couple coats of sealer and put Glyde Sliks on them. Your bunks will last a lot longer.

TACO Marine Trailer Glyde Sliks

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah !! I second that.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Buy you another one MIke....you can't take all that old moldy money with ya ...ya know. :D

I would rather buy a ranch home on a reservoir or on a nice pond.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast