Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the first fish you remember catching?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the first fish you remember catching?

The one I remember best was when I was about five. My dad had taken me to a local fishing hole. It was a small pond that had a canal that accessed a 9000 acre lake. The pond it self was small, but produced some nice slabs. At the time I had no clue as to types of fish and didn't care, I was fishing with daddy! The pond had a little pier that was about to fall in the water. Which of course held fish and through the years people had put cover around it. Anyways, I remember my dad took special care that I was rigged and in the water first. I was tickled. We were using telescoping bream poles at the time with minnows. My dad had turned his back to set up his rig and all o f a sudden I felt a big tug. I tightened my grip and held on. I remeber I was so excited I couldn't get anything out of my mouth. By the time my dad realized what was going on, the fish had already pulled me to the other side of the peir. Just before I fell in, rod in hand, my dad grabbed me. He was so excited, telling me to hang on. Finally the big rasccal surfaced. It was a 10lb long nose gar. The ugliest fish I had ever seen,but I wouldn't let daddy throw him back. I had to take it home and show it to momma. Luckily I didn't ask to eat it. Needless to say I didn't fish any more that day, I played with my fish.

If you have a good first catch story post it...
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That would have to be ...

a Bullhead Catfish ..... fishing the Ky River with my Dad & Uncle. You NEVER forget your 1st ..... LOL!! ........... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing with my Mom and catching a Catfish. She loved to catch catfish and she could cook them so good. She would never keep any catfish over about 2lbs. Said they didn't eat well. I also remember carrying the burlap bag and having one of those dang catfish finning me in the leg. Larned a good lesson there LOL Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Since my earliest memories of life I remember fishing. Hard to say what the first was but I'm certain it was a gill. My dad only really pan fished when I was little. mostly so we could eat okay when he was laid off.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Bream fishing in a farm pond. Don't remeber how old I was, but I got hooked that day, forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Two itty bitty yellow perch on one hook at Lake Leelanau, MI when I was three. Dad had tied a line to a stick to shut me up while he took care of my older brother and sister in the boat. There's a snapshot around here somewhere. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I cant remember if it was the bass I caught with the bare hook on a cane pole, or the big crappie I caught in the old creek that flowed from the head of the mountain. They were both memories I will never forget.

Post Thanks / Like

6yr old..my older (10) sister took me to a friends house that had a creek flowin thru their property. caught a 6 in. brim on a grasshopper..i was HOOKED

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the thread. Made me bring back some fond memories of childhood.

Mine was a crappie out of Old Man Wilsons pond while fishing with my grandfather. I remember seeing the bobber go under and then I took off running with the pole like I stole it. I pulled the fish out of the pond and about 30 yards into the woods before my grandad could step on it and break my line. From then on my grandfather would watch my cork and when it went under he would always run and cut me off and make me reel the fish in instead of running the fish in.

phatcat Guest

Newby call me phatcat, my first fish was a perch with a cane pole with my Dad , I was 8 or 9 . I still get the same felling every time I hook one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast