Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: catchin a 10 pounder?

Post Thanks / Like

Default catchin a 10 pounder?

How does one go about catchin a 10+ bass? I went to a little DNR lake near my house yesterday just feeshin off the bank when these two guys started casting out toward the middle of the lake with neon green Zoom trick worms instead of casting parraell to the bank. After they got done, there were 2 9lb or better bass in their cooler. Using Gulp wacky crawlers all i got was 3 peckerhead bass and a 10 lber alright................ 10 lb or better channel cat.
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

I caught mine throwing a blue/chrome rattle trap in deep water fishing for schoolin bass. It was a heck of a surprise since I'd been catching smaller bass that whole day.
    SeaArk Stealth 186 w/ 115 Mercury Optimax & 21p Powertech prop.

Post Thanks / Like

i cought mine on a palm sized bluegill going for catfish
    "the objective of war is not to die for your country but to make that sorry sob die for his" General Patton

Post Thanks / Like

Still trying to get mine...lol
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Post Thanks / Like

I caught mine on a june bug worm. I was boating small ones all day and all of a sudden,bam, she took of with my worm. I was so happy. The big fish are few and far in between. Keep chunkin and dragin. You'll catch one, one day. Good luck.
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!

Post Thanks / Like

I caught mine on an ultralight rod and a #5 Shallow Shad Rap (blue and white) The fish is the one included in my signature.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass? What's a bass?:o
    I love HIM because HE first loved me.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not uncommon to see a big bass in local farm ponds. If you want to up your chances book a trip with a guide on Lake Kississimmee or Lake Toho in central Fla. It is possible to catch more than on in a day. FEB to April is a good time. Flipping is a popular method, but most guides will use 6 in wild shiners. ether way it is a hoot.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a 13 pounder standing on the boat ramp, flipping a jig in the corner where the ramp met the seawall. who woulda thunk?

Post Thanks / Like

When the Red Winged Blackbirds are feedin on the bugs emerging on Kissimmee grass along the banks use a completely blacked out buzzbait, my favorite. Use a suspending Rogue and fish deep under the shad balls being busted at the surface. Winter use a 10"-13" wild golden shiner under the weed patches around timber, spawn pitch a fat tube on the beds, heat of summer like you saw deep cool structure and weeds or deep dense weed patches with timber up shallow, fish a nice fat chunk of plastic like a triggercraw or creature bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast