Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Swepco????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swepco????

I was farting around reading bass fishing reports over on the bassfishing home page and its full of reports from this lake called Swepco. Sounds like a power plant lake maybe?? I have never ever seen this mentioned here. It appears to be loaded with bass from the reports i read. But does anyone know about its crappie fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

There are crappie in the lake, I have caught them and have seen them with an underwater camera. The problem is you will catch mostly bass! And big ones at that. I slow troll jigs and minnows and pick up 1 crappie to about 6 bass and 1 catfish! The lake is catch and release for bass and if thats your thing there is probably no better lake unless you go to Texas or Mexico. It is loaded with trophy bass. To catch crappie though you need to catch some bait there at the launch ramp. Bring a throw net and catch a bunch of those small 2 to 3" sunfish and use those, the crappie love em!
    The coolest water right now is by the dam and it's in the low 70's. That is where I have been fishing the whole time I'm out. Most everyone else heads to the hot water discharge where the surface temps are in the mid 80's.
    I reccomend fishing it if you just love to catch fish. If your live baiting it plan on catching at least 30 to 40 bass in just 4 to 5 hours. You may catch the same fish a time or two though!
    Send me a pm or an e-mail if you'd like directions. It's hard to find! Very small parking lot as well, you have to get there early!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper