Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bluff Landing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bluff Landing

Hey guys I am new here and I hate my second post ever to be about something other than crappie, but this place is one of the only places on the net I can information about bluff.

I fish there a lot. Probably seen some of you guys out there. I drive the green stepside chevy and the brown winner bass boat suzuki outboard. I have had a lot of success out there with largemouth bass and crappie. Last year I landed a seven pounder and several 4-5 pounders out of there.

Catfish at night can get pretty crazy with bluegill or shad at the mouth of the oxbow. Biggest cat I took was two years ago, he was 22lbs. I had a noodler give me a cat that was pushing 30lbs.

All this said I love Bluff Landing!! But I have a QUESTION.

Are there really walleye in the oxbow at Bluff? I was told once by a fellow you could get walleye around adams creek, is there any truth to this? If so, were are they and how are you catching them. Walleye sure are good!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never caught any out there but have seen them caught below both locks when it is very early in the year and I know they catch them below Oologha dam alot so it might not be totally out of the question
    CrappieGeorge

Post Thanks / Like

aint never seen any wallee or mushy out there heard the same as you,, never put my eyes on eether.....

I drive the 12' Canoe with a Bronvco II under it,, normally pull'n a Topper 15
    ~~~~~~~({<(((((((*>
    unOFFICIAL Mayor of BLUFF Landing, OK

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If Jake has not seen any or caught any....I guess they are not there. :D
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I guess one wood say I Love that place,, as in I'm there a lot,, My Canoe knows its way there & back home with an occassional stop off at werk:D:D:D:D
    even tried ta buy a couple of acres out there rite on the point of Adams Creek but theres a lotta stuff ta go thru 1st besides deal'n with the COE.....
    ~~~~~~~({<(((((((*>
    unOFFICIAL Mayor of BLUFF Landing, OK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRAPPIEDENTIST View Post
    I guess one wood say I Love that place,, as in I'm there a lot,, My Canoe knows its way there & back home with an occassional stop off at werk:D:D:D:D
    even tried ta buy a couple of acres out there rite on the point of Adams Creek but theres a lotta stuff ta go thru 1st besides deal'n with the COE.....
    I sort of feel the same way, but I have switched boats each year the past three years so this boat is starting to get acqainted with the route.

I hear the grass line in Adams Creek is good for walleye, but never have found them. If I ever do I will report it.

Anyone ever chase the Gar in the Oxbow? I have caught several 3-4 footers the last couple years. Pretty wild fight the gars put up.

I will be out there tomorrow with the family hunting crappie, and maybe a bass or two

Post Thanks / Like

How are the crappie there at Bluff? I drove out there and looked around. It looks like a fun place to fish.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. " Benjamin Franklin