Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New tackle bag or box?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New tackle bag or box?

My crappie fishing tackle bag is filled to capacity thinking of getting a new one , anybody have any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

I use an insulated cooler bag with the rigid plastic liner. I keep my boat in the water and I put my fishfinder in the bag when I take it off the boat. Holds my tubes & jig heads & odds & ends. Has a divider to keep my nibbles & Gulp stuff seperate.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Plano tackle box that has four removable mini boxes.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the biggest bag that BPS carries. It work pretty good but it has this problem of getting very, very heavy after a while.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the plano boxes and a 6 gallon milkcrate for the bigger ones, and just put em in a compartment for the smaller ones. I have a couple of bags that will hold 3 or 4 boxes each, but only use them when in someone elses boat or bank fishing. Way too much stuff to carry it all without a standing appointment with the chiropractor. Organize an area at home for all the boxes and just carry what you need. Works well for me, and it took a few tries to get it just right.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I use the plano boxes and a 6 gallon milkcrate for the bigger ones, and just put em in a compartment for the smaller ones. I have a couple of bags that will hold 3 or 4 boxes each, but only use them when in someone elses boat or bank fishing. Way too much stuff to carry it all without a standing appointment with the chiropractor. Organize an area at home for all the boxes and just carry what you need. Works well for me, and it took a few tries to get it just right.
    I have done the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont laugh but I love these Stanley organizers. The removeable mini boxes / trays are nice.

Stanley Hand Tools :* 014708R *-* Stanley® Deep Professional Organizer

jigs, lead, plastics, pliers / clippers your golden.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after".
    -Henry David Thoreau-

Post Thanks / Like

Those Stanley organizers are pretty nice. I've had some in my old shop, but never tried to put fishing stuff in them.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently purchased a new tackle backpack from Cabelas. I did a lot of research of pretty much everything out there and regardless of cost I couldn't find a more full featured well constructed bag out there. I'm very happy with it. The only beef I have with it is that it has a separated main compartment with 4 containers in the bottom and a zippered compartment above it. I carry a lot of gear in the upper compartment and it tends to be top heavy which makes it hard to keep it upright when I set it on something getting tackle out. Other than that I like it a lot.

Cabela's XPG® Pro Series™ Angler Pack
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

My style of fishing is mobile most of the time, so like GRIZZ, I use a backpack. I've got a Browning pack that's set up for fishing. Pockets all over and a bag that clips on the bottom that holds 3 boxes. I used to use it when I had a 1/2 mile walk in to a spot and it is very comfortable even when loaded down.

For trips when I don't need the "kitchen sink", I use a small "regular" backpack and just throw a box or two in there with a bottle of water and some sunflower seeds.

Just all depends on what kind of fishing you do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast