Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Oil Rig Explosion in Louisiana

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Oil Rig Explosion in Louisiana

Just saw the breaking news on CNN that another oil rig has exploded 80 miles off the Louisiana coastline. Reports are coming in the 13 people went overboard off the rig and coastguard was en route for rescue.

This sounds almost exactly like the other event started but we dont have enough info yet.

Post Thanks / Like

ok reports are coming in that say the rig was not pumping any product so we might not have to worry about oil pollution like last time. The rig is reportedly still on fire however.

Even if there is no oil leak this is scary stuff as 2 rigs explode in the same year and a ship crashed into an oil valve last month as well. Whats with all the oil related accidents recently? I guess bad luck comes in 3's

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG just what they needed down there.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

They have got to get serious about safety on the off shore platforms and drilling rigs. The working pressure is high stuff on them rigs and people have got to keep the equipment right and listen to warning unlike what happened of the first one.

Spent a good bit of my younger years building offshore drilling rigs so know a little about them.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

ok KALB says 13 people were on the rig, some were reported to be in the water this morning but as of right now all are accounted for and one is injured. CNN is reporting the rig is still on fire and CNBC said rescue helicopters were dispatched from Houston and the coast guard.

According to one of the execs in charge of the rig it was a production rig and there is no chance of oil pollution.

So disaster has been avoided but still a rig explosion so soon after the last one is kinda scary and sad. I know my personal greed for gas products doesn't help matters. I love my truck, lawnmower, chainsaw, boat, 4 wheelers etc just like all of you. We need gas and oil so badly in our lives that its a miracle more accidents dont happen in the oil industry.