Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Ceases to Amaze Me

Post Thanks / Like

Default Never Ceases to Amaze Me

Me and a buddy are crappie fishing early morrning in Pidgeon Roost on Twain, trolling up the creek dipping trees and a V-bottom with a 50-ish driver and a couple older men come by us and plop down 30-40 yards in front of us and start working the same tree line in front of us. There wasn't another boat within sight of us- but he decides to fish right in front of us. What are some people thinking...or maybe not thinking.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable! I couldn't even begin to try and explain why people do things like that. Total lack of manners, and the me-first attitude that some folks have. Sad.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    Me and a buddy are crappie fishing early morrning in Pidgeon Roost on Twain, trolling up the creek dipping trees and a V-bottom with a 50-ish driver and a couple older men come by us and plop down 30-40 yards in front of us and start working the same tree line in front of us. There wasn't another boat within sight of us- but he decides to fish right in front of us. What are some people thinking...or maybe not thinking.
    Nothing that happens on the water pisses me off more than that. Common courtesy and manners mean absolutely nothing to some people. Just mark it up as ignorance and try to not let it eat at you.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Really sucks when there is only 15 or 20 trees in the spot and they move in on you. I usually fish fast enough that I just fish up to them and then pass them and keep on fishing. But when it is a small little tree row or a spot that only has a few trees is when it gets frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

TG, You got off lucky. On my last trip there, I was fish'n the same strip, then bang, 4 boats came in on me. One, no more then 30 yards away with the big motor run'n, wake a foot an a half high. All tied to a tree. It was show time. I continued doing my thing and caught prolly 100 fish as they watched wondering. I don't mind the number of boat's, I do mind the dip sticks run'n the big motors and there wakes. That happened 2 days in a roll there. There was a couple nice bikini's to look at, while they were there. Jack would have loved it. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

got to love an idiot,but you dont have to fish with one. choices

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twains Crappie Dan View Post
    TG, You got off lucky. On my last trip there, I was fish'n the same strip, then bang, 4 boats came in on me. One, no more then 30 yards away with the big motor run'n, wake a foot an a half high. All tied to a tree. It was show time. I continued doing my thing and caught prolly 100 fish as they watched wondering. I don't mind the number of boat's, I do mind the dip sticks run'n the big motors and there wakes. That happened 2 days in a roll there. There was a couple nice bikini's to look at, while they were there. Jack would have loved it. LOL.
    It's why I carry a camera WHAT fish??

Post Thanks / Like

So far that hasn't happened to me with Crappie fishermen, but the Bass guys are a different story! If they want to fish a spot it doesn't matter to many of them how close they get or the problems they cause with their wake.

There have been a few times I've pulled in where a Bass fisherman was, but I always determine his direction of travel and pull in where he has already fished and never TOO close! They are constantly moving and I can wait:D Seems to a lot of complaints on the Rock about trotlines getting cut by Bass fishermen even if tagged with name and info. Guess they snag 'em with a crankbait and get P.O'd
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

That is frustrating when that happens. The boat getting in front of you and the big wakes. But I like it when you watch them and they aren't catching anything and you go right behind them and catch fish.:p You have to chuckle then. I one of our vary first trips to Mark Twain we were new to crappie fishing big lakes. So I guess you could say we didn't have the PROPER gear. But we were catching some nice size fish in the spring. I was using my usual ultralight outfits but my bobbers where kind of big. I mean BIG old red & white round ones. I would just cast over by a tree and wait for a bite. I caught some very nice fish doing that. Then I noticed a guy behind us with LONG poles dipping around the trees whle he intently watched what I was catching and how. I guess I wasn't looking to professional. But I caught fish and he didn't catch anything. After he left we went over to were he was fishing and caught some more fish. that big old bobber made it look like I was jugging for crappie.:D:D Oh well you go with what works for you and what you can afford. I bet I had more fun than him. My husband just shakes his head sometimes at how I catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    Happens to me a lot. I just move on. 40 yards is a lot more room then most tournaments demand. Not worth getting your heart rate up over.

Until a rules of the fishing on the water manual comes out, who's right and who's wrong is a big ole grey area. You're both right, and wrong. Who knows. Sometimes it's fun to fish the same stuff the guy that's ahead of you fished, and pull slabs off of it. That happens a lot also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast